Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, April 17, 2009

Around the world in 80 clicks ...

After a long time, a tag, thanks to Gauri, originally started by HBM, whose blog I had never read till this tag started.

A tag that was ciculating amongst the mommy blogs over the last one week. Read at least 12 posts on this chain on my blog reader, enjoyed all of them and just when I was thinking, "hmm why won't they include a few daddy's in this loop?", Gauri sends me an email.

The people who get this tag are Terri, Anu, Animom,
Swatantra,
violet,
and Witchyangel.. if she chooses to accept this tag and come back to blogging! Hey, one can always try...I know you read this blog every once in a while.

The rest of you that were obvious choices have either completed an entry, don't want to blog and only comment or have not declared to the world that they are soon to be mommies. That said,


Here is the first five things that came to mind when bringing Jr. and the little one to the brains foreground:


1. The little one comes running to me when I pick her up from school. The smile on her face when she comes and gives me a hug, the pride in her eyes as she looks back at her friends at the sharing table that says "He is my daddy and he loves me, see..." that has got to be way up in the top. Almost always makes my day. (jr. doesn't want to leave the playground these days, but she used to do the exact same thing three years ago). There is unconditional love there and sometimes makes me wonder if I was like this at 3 or 6 years of age. My parents told me, yes. I definitely love my parents, but this glow is something very special.

2. Watching the little darlings grow up and the challenges they throw me! Last night mom and grandma had gone to the airport to drop a cousin with clear instructions for me to put the kids to bed. That was when Jr. started wiggling her tooth. She spent the next forty five minutes in front of a mirror wiggling it and made me disappoint the ladies. It was so much fun watching her wallow in self toothery! (that is another thing I love about being a dad. get to coin terms like self-toothery)

The video taping finally distracted her and got her away from the mirror




3. The things they say and do that is just outright gorgeous, funny or ridiculous, but all of which end in a big hug or a kiss.




The on demand fake crying, the angry looks that melt into a smile, the tantrums that make mom's mood swings look like tyres on a rope from a banyan tree, the list just goes on..

4. The constant thought of these gorgeous creatures leaving us someday after they are all grown up. Dad's IQ in the eyes of his girls has fallen more steadily than the stock market over the last six years. The "Daddy you are sooo smart" has slowly given way to "You don't know anything daddy!" while his patent count has steadily increased and even online IQ scores seem to suggest otherwise.

Guess, IQ is in the I of the beholder.

5. The obsessiveness with which they support me. They are my biggest fans. They will defend me against anyone and everyone, including but not limited to mommy and grandma. If she feels that daddy is being cornered the little one goes to the extent of screaming "why don't you go cook or watch TV or something and leave my daddy alone!". Jr. will promptly redirect the ladies to their laptops and ask them to leave me alone. From reading this blog, to watching and appreciating the few things I cook, to admiring my music, they are really my biggest fans and somehow I never disappoint them.

What more could you ask for?


.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:57 AM, Blogger Gauri wrote...

Yes indeed :) what more could you ask for ? :)

Thanks for doing the tag, Sundar.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sriram wrote...

wow.

Fake crying - LOL. Reminded me of my brother when he was little.

Very cute!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Sivajini wrote...

Thanks for making me smile, I really think they are going to be so bowled over when they are old enough to truly appreciate the ode their daddy has done for them :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

We enjoyed the videos Daddy Narayan is making ! Of a tooth pull out and fake tears !

These are the wonder years for them. And wonder years for you as you watch in wonderment.
:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:28 PM, Anonymous WA wrote...

As to the last point, to date my sister and I are my dad's biggest supporters. He can do nothing wrong in our eyes. Guess its a father-daughter bond. Long may it continue.

PS: Will write, desperately want to, have even got a new name, if only things will ease up a bit at work

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:57 AM, Blogger Anu wrote...

Sundar..
Daddies lil girls no doubt.. want to ask mom her opinion :D!.. Will do the tag as soon I have time between the diaper changes and conference calles

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:55 AM, Blogger Violet wrote...

Thanks for tagging.. done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home