Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Heaven

Recently, our family friends had the grandma in the family pass on. After the funeral, we were all invited to a rememberance dinner. The little one knows this grandma well. We go their house for almost all religious occasions and the little girl in that family is my little girls role model !!

After we came back from the dinner, Jr. was very very inquisitive..

Jr :where is Akka's (elder sister's) grandma ?
Sr : she has gone to heaven !
Jr : When is she coming back ?
Sr : She is not going to come back.
Jr : why not ?
Sr : because heaven is a much better place !
Jr : Can I go there ?
Sr : (thinking : I need a god damn lawyer to talk to this kid !)No. You cannot go there ?
Jr : But you said it is a better place. I want to go see A. Akka's grandma !
Sr : Only old people are allowed in Heaven. You are still a kid. First you have to go to school, then big girls school and only when you grow big and old, you can go to heaven.
Jr : But dorothy was not big.. she is already in heaven and we have a new Dorothy..
Sr : (by now I am about to dial 1-800 -LAWYERS)..Fishes are small.. there are different rules for fishes, bunnies and people ! You can always buy Dorothy from a store.. but you cannot buy a new grandma from the store, right ?
Jr : Okay daddy. I will grow big first and then go to heaven !

I was finally glad this conversation ended.. whew !!

There are at least 10-20 Why's and Why Not's that I have to go through every day. Cant wait for this phase to stop.

11 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:51 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

kids are awesome aren't they..!! Amazing questions..!!

I feel the same ways sometimes..when my younger one asks me such questions..

She recently asked me:

Dad, what do you want to become when you grow up??

Thought only my wife complains..that I've not grown up.!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:56 PM, Blogger Swetha wrote...

Only 10-20?? consider yourself lucky!! My niece asked me 10-20 per minute... So, u can imagine how much that would count up to for an hour... and how tired i would be at the end of it trying to come up with suitable answers!!! :-) I was so patient that my sister instructed my niece to ask questions only to me(talk about escapism!)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar

Have been a regular reader of this blog but have ne'er commented. But today, just had to write coz had been there and answered loads of these questions. My daughter was so worried about who would take care of her,her brother and family pictures(!!) when her parents become angels. Phew. Two days back she asked me ,Amma are we Indians? I said yes,bang came the next question, Why are we not in India?
Kids these days.....

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:16 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

narayanan sir, i read out your comment to my wife and she was rolling on the floor laughing..

well, we should think of ourselves as "always young" at heart , i mean..

swetha, online kids answering consulting service onnu start pannidunga..

anon, welcome to the blog.. we havent been asked india questions yet.. only the "why can natasha eat hot dog but i cannot ?" ones..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:41 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

heheheh oh dear dont even remind me

enjoy it takes years to stop

try taking them to a movie - thats 30 qs every min

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:52 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Sundar when this phase stops another one will start, enjoy it :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:29 AM, Blogger Ram C wrote...

Enjoy Sundar... and capture them or record them somewhere.

You won't get to see or hear these type of comments, after they grow up.. The questions at that time may be different

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Can't wait for this phase to stop? It isn't going to stop for a while..It actually gets worse. I tell Kavya to stop(acting smart?) when it gets to a point where I can't answer her question(s) :) Have to admit that it's actually quite interesting sometimes.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:20 PM, Blogger Blabber-blogger wrote...

:) natural instinct.. just being themselves.. i wish we would just continue that as we grow up.. Not get inhibited and stop thinking and asking.
I know answering can be a very very tiring thing.. Experienced it with my neice. But. i admire the innocent, intelligent and natural curiosity.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hi Sundar,

It's amazing to me that the little one still remembers paty and is asking so many questions. Yes, I also wish that we have answers for these kids and to ourselves about heaven. Nice blog, hope my MIL can see it from heaven :)

Saila

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:58 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

visithra, sangeetha did take the little one to a movie, Curious George.. she wasnt intersted in teh movie.. she was just watching the other kids..

wa, and what might the next phase be ?

ram.c, yes.. i do try to capture these things on video.

anu, i have already reached the stage where she thinks i am an idiot..

nyneshia, time to start a daycare ?

saila, yes. she does remember grandma.. thanks for the thought.. just dont remind her the next time you see her or i will have to go through the conversation again..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home