Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, February 10, 2006

When life gives you ...

Most of you have read or heard me quote Emeril Lagasse "When life gives you lemons, make lemon merengue pie !!"...

Life has been giving me so many things in the last week that I dont know what to make of it !!

First the little one became so sick in 24 hours that we couldnt believe it. Thanks to some amazing medical science (and the horrors associated with it), she is recovering nicely now. Imagine your horror when all of a sudden a three month old throws up non stop and then her face puffs up a bright red around her cheeks to the point that she cannot open her eyes ! After a few hours in the emergency, we found out that the kid possibly has a bacterial infection.. so they decided the best course of action was to take a few blood tests and a urine test. On any normal day, on any normal person this would not be an issue. In all my life I have not experienced a baby getting a urine test with a catheter or a blood test to draw that much blood from both hands. Poor thing was screaming non stop for almost an hour till her tear ducts dried out. Finally they decided to give her a shot of antibiotics and that did wonders. In 24 hours her face became normal again and now she is back to drinking milk..

I will never forget this week for a long time to come. At one point they told us that the little one might lose her sight if we didnt do something quick. I had tears coming down without control when I was driving back home to tell my mother in law that we are going to be in the hospital for a few more hours. This, just after having scolded my wife for crying in the hospital during all the tests ! I finally know what my parents must have gone through when I was a sick kid !

Will be back to blogging in a day or two..

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Oh man!!! sorry to hear this. i'm glad to hear that the little one is recovering very well. our prayers are with you.
SK

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Sundar, Hope you are all okay. My prayers and thoughts are with you guys and the little one and hope she recovers fast. Take care

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:48 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

thanks SK and WA..

she is getting there..

will post a video of the kid soon..

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:27 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

oh dear hope alls ok now god bless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home