Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, February 17, 2006

Rocking !!

We have spent the last two evenings hunting for a rocking chair. The trusted rocking chair of three years (we got it when we had our first one) broke two days ago. The bearings just gave out ! In an attempt to fix it (hardware engineers have an inbuilt urge to fix things and software engineers have an inbuilt urge to encourage their husbands to fix things ), I managed to dismantle the whole thing only to realize that the sons of &%&^#&^#'s have used a bearing that is hard molded into the frame !!



Looks like I have to go buy a new chair. The last two evenings have been spent in trying to buy the right rocking chair. After visiting over 30 shops, we have finally decided to go buy the exact same chair (we found a shop that has it in its catalog).

In the meantime, Junior wont go to sleep unless she is rocked and that has made life very difficult for us. Imagine rocking her without any back support from 2AM to 3AM. Me, the wife and the MIL have been rocked to pieces because of this. But tomorrow is going to be a golden day, with a new rocker ...

We are realllly looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:28 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

If you do not mind I can send one from UK.... It will rock you. LOL

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

If u want u can setup our traditional tamilnadu "thottil". IKEA sells a cloth rack for around 20$ which is a frame in which u can tie our thottil cloth. I have set it up and our daughter loves it.

- Suresh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home