Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pogacsa !!

Witchyangel reminded me of my wine tasting days which in turn reminded me of the Pogacsa..

An old Hungarian grandma sat next to me on my return flight from Budapest. Her grand daughter who spoke some english had come to drop her off at the airport. This girl must have been 18-19 and she could give any supermodel a run for her money !! Told me to help her granny on the flight. The granny was living in New York and she was telling me "why doesnt some nice boy like you marry my grand daughter and bring her to the United States".. I was thinking "You dont want to know about my damn F1 student visa granny !!".. Anyways, I digress.. so here is to memories and a recipe for the Pogacsa !! you pop one piece in your mouth between tasting different wines and boy, it is some palatte cleanser..



and yes, by the time we got down, the grandma thought I was crazy because I was laughing out loud so many times reading "The Dilbert Principle".. the recipe is still there in the last page of that book..

I actually came back to Troy, New York and made some Pogacsa.. came out almost like the Hungarian version.. try it !

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:42 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Haha could give supermodel a run for their money, grandma wanting a nice boy like you to marry the grand daughter, and you considering the status of the visa :)) vootukaaramma padipaangala unga blog ellam :)) maatikittu muzhikiradha pathiyum ezhudhunga :))

PS: Ippo dhaan UK blogger Renga (Dubukku) avaroda jollu series ezhudhi mudichaaru, time irundhaa padichittu take over from him :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

wa, ennai paththi mrs-ukku ellam theriyum. en jollu roster-a avanga vachchurukkaanga.

i have seen dubukku's comments on your site. never been to his blog.. innikki poren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home