Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tea - a new recipe

I know. I know. The drink has been around for thousands of years. How can I, a mere part time cook come up with a new recipe for making tea ?

Well, the credit for this method of making tea goes to my wife. Came home from work to find tea, waiting and ready!! She said she had a secret ingredient in the tea, and if I didnt like it, I could dump the tea in the drain and she wouldnt mind.

I did find something weird in it. But it was esoteric and had a way of making my nose tickle. Could not find out what the secret ingredient was and finally gave up.

Apparently, she had cut the ginger for the tea in the same cutting board on which she had cut onions earlier for making aloo curry !! Got some onions with the ginger !

Who would have guessed that a few small pieces of onion can make tea this interesting. If you are crazy enough to believe me, try it at home and let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:36 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

I guess anything out of the ordinary in small doses would make a normal item "exotic". But how was the taste?. Did you enjoy it?.

I have tea only on very rare occasions (read as "when forced"!). I have heard and tasted tea with lemon, but onion and garlic - dracula!. I dare you to come near me now!.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

appa ttg..

neeye deivam.

garlica ??

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:01 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Interesting.!! I'll check it out and let you know.

BTW, Have you been to the Gilroy Garlic festival.!! They have Garlice Icecream.!!! Somehow my thoughts went there when I read about the OG-Tea.!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home