Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, August 19, 2005

Sundar Special : Fried Noodles

Another foray into the kitchen after the Avani Avittam Ceremony (the south indian Brahmin, once a year thread changing ceremony)..





WARNING :

Weight Watchers and Cardiac Patients - PLEASE LEAVE THIS BLOG IMMEDIATELY !!!




My recipe :

Take two packets of ramen noodles (any flavor will do because you throw the flavor packets out!)

Take half a bar of UNSALTED butter (I am talking one half of the 4 bars that you get in the 1 lb butter), melt it in low heat and crush the two packets of noodles and fry it for 4-5 minuts till it turns light brown at places (increase the heat to medium).

Keep the peas, carrots, (your other favorite veggies) microwaved and ready.

Put the veggies with the noodles and turn down the heat. Add 1/2 spoon of sambar powder (for those unlucky souls whose mom / mother-in-law havent stocked you up with enough to last the rest of the year, try the standard ganesh ram or 777 brand - that works). Then add 1/4 spoon of salt and some asafoedita powder.

Add two cups of water and stir till the powder is mixed properly. Increase the heat and keep stirring till the noodles is cooked !

Enjoy. The noodles will not stick and they will definitely be different from the standard maggi(indian) noodles or the ramen noodles!

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Wow!Kalakkarel Sundar!Romba differenta irukku intha recipe..inniku lunchukku I am going to try this (and hit the gym immediately after ;-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

idhellam vetti graduate studenta irundhappo pannina recipe.. troy, new york'la maggi vaanganumna 20 mins albany drive pannanum (at one time.. maybe things have improved now) Troy was called "armpit of the universe" by locals. Sambar podiye gadhinnu kadandhen !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar

Hey Sundar this is cool. Real nice things - never knew you were into cooking so much.

I too 'njoy cooking - by appreciating good food.

Take care
Goel.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:46 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

sanjay, glad you saw the blog..

used to be dancing and cooking..

now it is cooking and photography..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Dear sundar,

I was getting confused while making the noodles. I cooked everything by your recipe, however I swapped sambar powder with the flavor packet (masala in my case) because I didn't have any. I was just wondering if the final texture of the noodles is supposed to be crunchy or soft or what, because my noodles turned out soft after cooking with water.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:26 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

hi harish

supposed to be cooked but not too soft.. the noodles wont stick to each other if you cook it like this.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home