Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Liar Liar - pants on fire !

Jr. went to a house warming cermony with my wife and her other colleagues. The new home owner was another colleague of my wife.

Jr. and me have a small 30 minute story time/ conversation time before she goes to bed.

Me : Tell me, how was the party today ?
Jr : Me, mommy and Saila aunty went there and had fun. Pavithra aunty was there and there were lots of people there..

My friend Geetha's wifes name is Pavithra. As far as I knew, these two had no overlap with my wifes colleague !

Me : dont lie to me. how can Pavithra aunty be there ?
Jr : NO (shouting at me).. Pavithra aunty was there !! I am not lying to you.
Me : okay. dont get mad. we can talk about it later. (we went on to finish some stories and she slept off.. I decided to deal with it the next day).

Later in the morning a conversation between me and Mrs.

Me : So how was the housewarming..
Mrs : Pavithra's house is on top of a little hill..
Me : Pavithra ????? !!!!
Mrs : yes. Her name is Pavithra and she is a new colleague .. didnt I tell you her name before ?

I almost cried !! Pavithra is not that common a name by south Indian standards. Till my buddy Geetha got married to this girl and introduced her to us, I had never seen or met anyone by that name.. now suddenly there are Pavithra's decending in the Bay area .. and I screwed up big time..

Afternoon naptime converstion between me and Jr.

Me : I am sorry I told you that you were lying yesterday. When you said "Pavithra aunty was there, I was thinking about Geetha Uncle-Pavithra aunty" !!
Jr : (totally innocent face and voice).. NO DADDY !! This is a different Pavithra aunty. One is pony tail Pavithra aunty and the other one is long hair Pavithra aunty.. I was trying to tell you this !!

I gave Jr. a big hug and kiss.. Lesson learnt !! Give your kids the benefit of doubt ! Better still, dont doubt them in the first place !!

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:07 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

Awww - kids are imaginative but most of them - dont lie - pavam ponnu - so sweet of her not to tell you otherwise ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:15 PM, Blogger Anu wrote...

Sundar,
Kids always teach us the lesson, that however old we are ,we can make mistakes... btw, the Pavithra name started desecending in India a decade back, only now its touched bay area.,..I have 3 gal pals called the same!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:38 AM, Blogger Jagan wrote...

geetha got married to pavithra ? isnt geetha a lady's name ? orey confusion pa ..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jinguchakka wrote...

And why are you so interested about pavithra aunty?
;-))

Jus'kidding

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:23 PM, Blogger Blabber-blogger wrote...

More than pavithra, geetha caught my attention.. same confusion

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

visithra, you are right.

LT, enakku it is an uncommon name..

jagan, nyneshia, geetha is geethakrishnan..

in my lifetime i have known two
radhas (both radhakrishnans)
one geetha (krisnan)
three laksmis (one a lakshminarasimhan, two lakshminarayanan's)
one sita (sitaraman) !!

jinguchakka, not something to kid about.. it was just weird that she would say that because i was pretty sure there was no overlap between this family and that family. i was more intersted in finding out if my daughter was just spinning a yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home