Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, November 24, 2005

என் முதல் தமிழ் போஸ்ட் (my first Tamil Post!!)

Non Tamil readers : If all you see is squiggly characters - It is okay !!

Rest of you Tamil/English readers :

If you see squares then you have to go to View -> Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8) if you are on Internet Explorer .. I am sure there is a similar menu in Netscape for turning on Unicode ..

=======

என் முதல் தமிழ் போஸ்ட்


இன்நாள் முதல் தமிழில் எப்படி போஸ்ட் செய்வது என்று தெறியாமல் முழித்து கொண்டு இருந்தேன் !!


இன்று என் மைத்து்னன் சிஆட்டிலிருன்து வந்தான். கமப்யூட்டர் விஶயத்தில்
அவன் சகல கலா வல்லவன். (மைக்கிரொஸாவ்ட்டில் வேலை செய்கிறான்)..


ஈன்டெர்னெட்டிலிறுன்து ஒரு ஸாவ்ட்வேர் டவுன்லோட் செய்து கொடுத்தான்..


இப்பொது அடியேனும் தமிழில் போஸ்ட் செய்ய ஆரம்பித்துள்ளேன் !!


வாழ்க தமிழ் !! வளர்க தமிழ் !!


கூடிய சீக்கிரத்தில் ஒரு தமிழ் வலைப்பதிவு (blog) உருவாக்க இருக்கிறேன் !!


விரைவில் எதிர்பாருங்கள் !!


====

For the last few months I have been scratching my head over how to post in Tamizh (Tamil). My brother in law arrived here today from Seattle.. A computer whiz from IIT madras, he is as computer savvy as they come (a Microsoft employee.. do I need to say more?).

He downloaded this software for me and Voila !! I am posting in Tamizh.

I am planning to start a separate blog in Tamizh soon.. stay tuned !!

This will be my only Tamil post in this blog...


14 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:39 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

Naan ipohveh sohlirehn - i will only visit the english blog - coz i read tamil like this

eng - ga - il vi - it - thi -il

padhikurathukuleh vaisayirohm but have fun creating the new one ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:09 PM, Blogger Blabber-blogger wrote...

lol..thank god i am not the only one.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

visithra, nyneishia

adada.. appo tamlishlaye post pannalaamnunu sollareengala ?

these days i blog in english and comment in tamlish !!

i know that there are not that many bloggers who actually read the tamil script..

truth is i am at least 10 times more expressive in tamil than in english.. and i tend to think in tamil when i am emotional and i usually write blogs when i am emotional.. so there goes ..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:39 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Sundar - Naanga Tamil padikka therinjavunga neraya peru irukkom, Tamil valaipadhivu aarambinga seekiramaa. Good Luck though, I considered it for a while and then gave up, rendu blog nadathuradhu periya velai. Aana neenga dhaan night ellam muzhichittu irukeengale :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:13 AM, Blogger Adaengappa !! wrote...

Sir, thats a nice initiative.
Few spelling errors ,but sure you'll out grow it with practice..

Keep posting more !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:23 AM, Blogger Adaengappa !! wrote...

BLOG = வலைப்பதிவு !! :-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:03 AM, Blogger Anand wrote...

nice to see you blog in tamil... tamil la padikarathukku romba snathoshama irukku...

Good luck for your tamil blog...

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:10 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

wa, thanks.. i dont know if i can spend the same time i have spent the last one week (thanks to the forced leave).. forever.. so the tamil blog will not have the same "enthu" as the english one..

adengappa, konjam enna typonnu sollunga sir.. correct pannidaren. oorla en thatha idha padichchu thoonu thuppara varaikkum wait panna vendaam!!

thanks anand prabhu !!

this new software is definitely easier than typing in word .. but changes are painful.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:47 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

I tried viewing through unicode(UTF-8) though browser IE, but still I could see only squares...... Yennudaiya thurathirshtam.... (bad luck) Is there any remedy?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

balaji sir,

hmm.. unga dost disneyland lendhu vandhadum avaradhan customer supportukku koopida poren.

:)

could you go to the tamil blog link in my page and see that one or is that all squares too ?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:59 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

Your tamil blog is also squares........ I even tried viewing with a glass........ Oru triangle vara koodatha.......

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:04 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

Cool beginning.. but there are some typos.. I am not sure how easy the interface is for differentiating ல" or "ள or "ழ".

Also, ன, ண, ந have been used interchangeably. While it does convey the meaning, syntax becomes important too!.

For instance, in the post, தெறியாமல் is spelt with periya Ra. I am not too sure about sanskritized workds appearing in the post. Is it appearing fine for you?.

You may want to check out this link here

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

ttg

agree with you.. oru spell checker irundha nalla irukkum..

10 varusham school-la second language tamizhukku indha tamizh rombave mosam dhan.. enna pannaradhu.. no tamizh reading or writing in 10 + years..

eppidi irundha naan ippidi aayitten!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

hi!

as u want to start a new tamil blog, i found another tool for you on net.
you can visit it at http://quillpad.in/tamil
you need not search for keys in the keyboard to type it.

instead you can just type in english and it will automatically be converted into tamil script

should be of use to you !!1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home