Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, April 09, 2009

What makes a festival festive?

Is it the gods?

Is it all the action?

Is it the crowd of devotees?

Is it the zillion other kids in the crowd?

or could it just be...

Kaathaadis of different shapes,




sizes,




and colors,




A billion bubbles




big ball and apple balloons




screeech screeech screech..




getting your hands on these WMD's minutes after your brother got his apple ballon




flutes galore




click click click click peacocks




and if you are a girl, some lovely nai kuttys (puppies)




glass and rubber bangles




and some paasi maalais from your friendly neighborhood kurathi




and is it?

sweet panju mittai (cotton candy)




thengai burfi and perichchambazhams(coconut sweet and date fruits)




poovam pazham, malai pazham, rasthaali ? (types of bananas)




pala cholai (jack fruit)




Pattani, pori kadalai (puffed rice and roast nuts)?




Do you still have any doubts?



Didn't think so!






ps. All of the above photos were taken between 4th and 6th April 2009 around two sides of the Mylapore temple tank around the Vijaya store corner during the Kapaleeshwar temple utsavam (festival).

pps. The photographers mental age at the time of taking these snaps was approximately 7.258 years.



.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Its too nostalgic..Those apple shaped ballons.. Its toooo nostalgic. I lived in Triplicane. During utsavam, I used to have loads of fun.. It makes me remember all those fun I had during my childhood

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:32 AM, Blogger mitr_bayarea wrote...

Sundar-

This post bought back the feeling of participating in the Kapali uthsavam itself, so many memories.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Priceless ... I am glad I got to see it in pictures :-)

V

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:10 PM, Blogger Sriram wrote...

wow...i went back a few years with post. Too good!r

 

Post a Comment

<< Home