Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Epic Battle.

Last week I was ordered by my remote command post (my parents) that we should call India every week instead of every alternate week, now that my wife is going through a tough pregnancy.

So got up early (8AM is early if you slept only at 2AM after watching your first movie on a new 52" TV) and called them.

The response on the other side ?

"Can you please call back in 20 minutes. We are watching
Mahabharat
? "

For those of you who are not familiar with MahaBharat, it is the great indian epic, a battle of good over evil, which was captured in over a gazillion episodes in Indian TV as a Mega Series in 1989. What is going on is the rerun !

I cant believe my phone call got bumped by a television series rerun. Not that much happens in these mega serials (soap opera's). Guy walks from the far end of the hall in the palace to the kings throne and the episode is over !!

Goes to show you the impact Soap Opera's have on every day life in india!

1 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Mahabharatama, Sundara-kandama ? - your parents picked the former :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home