Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Catch them young !!

Recently read Anu_P's post on how her mother was training her to do household chores.. I got a good laugh reading that. This morning, was cleaning up my daughters toy chest and found this !!!

Have no clue who got it for her and when ! But the label on the box was quite a shocker. Train your daughter to be a good daughter in law ? : by getting her used to cooking utensils at the age of three ???

I am not against women cooking. Women should cook if they feel like it, and so should men. But "goodness" in a daughter-in-law being judged by her cooking skills or penchant for the stove ? Now that is hilarious ...

So the Indian Barbie should learn to cook and clean ? Do they have pardha (veil) wearing barbies in the conservative countries in the middle east ? just wondering ...

ps. I dont know if this is a Barbie barbie or some local indian manufactured stuff which just uses the barbie name !

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:45 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

idhu localized barbie nu nanaikaren. anyway, loosuthanamaana concept!.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:46 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

surprisingly, they follow the same spelling as the original barbie..

enga veetu paakam (india) irukura shop sells blank CD's under than name SONE (Sony saar!).

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:24 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

LOL :) Where was this Barbie made?? You should send it to 'Headlines Jay leno'.!! Very intresting..!!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

OMG!!!! Lost for words now. Where are these 'toys' sold?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:03 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

the toy's origin was traced to mumbai.. apparently the mother in law got it in her last trip.. from matunga

:)

the utensils were too sharp for small kids (damn thing isnt safe either).. so she decided to hide it !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home