Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, January 02, 2006

Sticker shock . . .

Darling Narayanan is going through the Sticker Phase.

To a guy who is very possesive of his objects, this can be very annoying.

Recently she got a box of "Dora the Explorer" stickers as part of a goody bag at a birthday party in her daycare..

She, being trained by her mother consciously and subconsciously has learnt to hate my laptop instinctively. The minute I start working (or blogging), she comes running and shouts "Close that laptop, Appa !! Close it now !! Come play with me !". Having figured out that this trick didnt work, she decided to unleash her stickers on me.

She imitates her teacher : "You have been a good boy today, Appa. Let me give you a sticker !!" and tried to put the sticker smack in the middle of the monitor. In an instant of panic, I lost my steely resolve to ban vandalism on all objects under my possesion and compromised.. damn !! I regret it dearly now.

I begged her... "Please, not on the monitor. put it on the outside" and before I finished my work, my laptop is lit up like a christmas tree with Dora Stickers.



I go to a meeting at work (on one of those big oval tables with all the big bosses) and open my laptop and everyone is laughing their heads off !!



My attempts to remove the stickers have backfired. Darling Narayanan knows how many stickers are on the laptop !! Last week I tried removing a few and she spotted it. "Daddy, you have lost some of the stickers. Dont worry daddy. I will give you some more !!". Now I have more stickers than we started with. I have learnt my lesson and will not try to reduce the sticker count.

Moral of the story : Never let your guard down, especially when your daughter has a Ph.D. in adult psychology at the age of three.

9 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

aaaawwww, bless. Sounds like an universal hate amongst children :) The minute I switch the PC on the young one goes, 'mum do you wanna play Uno or Monopoly with me' Thank God he doesn't stick stickers everywhere though :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:39 PM, Blogger TJ wrote...

Reminds me of all the stickers and posters of He-Man, Ramayana, Tinkle later to all the sportstar posters in my Dad's work table and his room walls. My study table used to be like the laptop ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:47 AM, Blogger Yours Truly wrote...

Cho chweet!! Am sorry bout ur laptop, but altogether found this incident sweet :D May be jus like u r possesive about ur things, shez possesive of the time u spend at home. Typically father's daughter :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:40 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

ehheheh i agree with yt - shes just marking her territory and telling the laptop look u can borrow him but hes mine! ehehhee

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:54 PM, Blogger Vijay Ramamurthi wrote...

Onga ponnu thaana.obviously.shell have phd for sure :) neenga phd yaa?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:42 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundar is it so in your house too? Kids are the same everywhere.... I am planning to start a sticker factory.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

wa, i was like that too. when my mom used to bring home exam papers to correct, i used to grab those papers and try to write on them..

tj, tinkle !!! lots of memories.

yours truly, you are right.. fathers daughter she definitely is.

visithra, never thought of it that way. but it could be true !

vijay, yes. thayir ph-d (pachchidi !!)

balaji sir, vendave vendaam. enna maadhiri niraya laptop owners sabichchuduvaanga !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:32 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

sri

you are right.. her paduththal is definitely less than my paduththal
:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:49 PM, Blogger Divya wrote...

sounds very cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home