Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Paheli - What gives ?

Finally saw Paheli recently.. Especially after all the comments on the blog circle on why in god's name, they would choose it as India's oscar entry !!

That piqued my interest and I was already watching it with a bias ! Expected it to be bad, what with "ghosts falling in love with people" being the main theme of the movie (this got the general public to bad mouth the movie a lot).

I was transfixed by the choreography, the theme, the acting and the weird story line. It was a very likeable love story. The most unique love story that I have come across in all my years of movie watching (okay, in Ghost, Demi gets in touch with her Ghost Husband through Whoopi, we know that).. but this was a fairy tale of sorts and I absolutely loved it. Asked my mother in law to get me the soundtrack from India and I must have listened to "dheere Jalna" at least 50 times in the last week..

If Harry Potter is believable (assuming you are open to Hogwarts) and if Ghost is believable (assuming you are open to Demi Moore doing pottery !! he he ), then Paheli is believable (you have to be open to Ghosts in human bodies).

The fact that I am a die hard Shah Rukh Khan fan helped me counter bias the negative comments I had read about Paheli !!

By the way, Have you guys seen "SRK's Inner / Outer World ?" .. I have..

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I had written a small review on Paheli two weeks ago.

Agree with you, if you compare Harry Potter and Ghost.. But watching Shahrukh as a ghost mmm.. My wife, who is a die-hard Shahrukh fan, didnt like that concept. It was like Shahrukh again craving for his lover, which was the theme for most of his movies, but this time as a ghost..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:09 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Thanks Sundar.!! I was tempted to buy the DVD yesterday ( was at Udipi, last evening and bought some DVD's at Raaga.!! Thought of you, when I saw Komalas!)

What is the inner/outer in the last line???

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:27 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

raju

i did read your review as soon as you posted it.. i guess shah rukh is typecast as a yearning lover in almost all his roles.. be it as ashoka the king or a violin master or as a ghost.. for some reason, i put the thought that the dude was a ghost out of my mind and then things were okay !!

:)

naryanan sir, udupi varikkum vandhuttu sollave illeye.. you can walk from udupi to my place..
next time let me know. appadiye veetukku vandhu oru coffee sapttu ponga.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

narayanan sir,

inner outer world is a two hour documentary in english which follows SRK through Bombay and Delhi (in the inner world dvd) and new york and london tour (in outer world dvd).. it was engrossing..

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home