Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Et too Brutus !!

For those of you who are aware of my swimming ordeal, this will be an interesting footnote !

Had called India this weekend. Spoke to my brother for a long time and among other things he asked me how my swimming was going. I told him that everything except the side breathing is okay.. He seemed very knowledgeable about the whole swimming thing. So I dug deeper and what I found shocked me !

Shocker 1 : Apparently the dude knows how to swim !!
Shocker 2 : He learnt swimming 5 years ago !!
Shocker 3 : He went to swimming classes when he was working in Bangalore, at the YMCA
Shocker 4 : He went for a lesson every alternate day for two full months.
Shocker 5 : He even had lessons on CPR, rescuing fellow swimmers etc..
Shocker 6 : He kept this a secret for this long !!!

I asked him why he would keep these a secret and his response ... No shocks here..

Mom told me "you should not mention a word about your swimming to your brother. My only eldest son ?!? should not be encouraged by his brothers exploits and try something. He is in a far away land where I cannot see him even if I feel like it. What if something happens to him in America ?"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhh !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home