Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, September 23, 2005

Peace In Action !!

Last night, a teenager rang the door bell. "Must be one of those donation collecting kids", I said to myself before I opened the door. The kid, who didnt look like the honest and sincere "if you subscribe to these magazines, I get 500$ toward tuition" type kids, shocked me by saying "Hi, I am with Peace in Action. We are trying to stop the war in Iraq !".

He had the standard notepad, pamplet stuff that all "donation kids" have. I recognized the dude as a seasoned pro and told him that if I have to sign some petition to stop the war, I will be glad to do so. Then came an expected line..

"Sir, we are actually collecting money to stop the war!".

Something snapped inside me. Over the last few years I must have paid close to a hundred thousand dollars in taxes to the US government (more than 40% of our pay is taxes of various kinds by the way) and most of this money is used by the US government, to fund the war !! I asked him if it made sense for me to contribute 100,000 dollars to the government to go to war and then contribute a measly ten to stop the war !!! Told him that if only he had come to me before the war started, I could have saved myself $99990 and would have split it 50/50 with him.

He gave me the "you got me there you bastard!!" look and walked away.

What the hell are these people thinking ? Peace in Action, my @## !!

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:40 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

u actually said that?. That was cool..

and whoa!. hundred thousand dollars in taxes.. where in the world are you working?.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

didnt i say "last few years "

two people working, four years since the war.. you do the math.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home