Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, August 06, 2005

BARR - Milan Sweet Center

Milan is actually famous for its sweets. I have purchased sweets here twice in the past and have been very impressed with the quality. Recently, my friend and his wife suggested we check out dinner at Milan. So off we went to try their dinner menu.





Milan is located on South Abel street in Milpitas, very near the corner of Calaveras Blvd. and Serra Way, behind the Korean BBQ place. It was buzzing with customers who were mostly ordering the sizzler plate. Maybe we should have ordered it as well.. But, we went for the typical tandoori and north indian sabzi stuff and got burnt !


Wait time : 10 minutes (4 people in front of me in the line for ordering)
Food wait time from order : 10 minutes
Check time : 3 minutes (Visa, Mastercard only )
Average price per person : $9
Rating "My wife can cook better"
Service : Excellent

Items sampled : Tandoori Paratha, Pav Bhaji Naan Plate with salad and Malai Paneer Masala, Spring rolls and a THUMBS UP soft drink !!

The Naan plate : Naan was actually good but the malai paneer was too bitter.

If the sabzi was too bitter, the tandoori paratha was too sweet. I am not kidding, it was sweet. I am still thinking if it was intentional or an error. Maybe the guys at this place are going for "we are different" more than "we can do the standard stuff consistantly".

My wife ate the Pav Bhaji and was making faces at me. I could see that she was pissed off. So to make herself happy she asked me to get a Thumbs up (a soft drink popular in india in the 80's before pepsi and coke took over the indian soft drink market). It was $1.75 for a bottle of Thumbs Up. Told her that this is the costliest indian softdrink I have ever tasted.

The spring roll we got was slightly better than the spring roll our friends ordered just 10 minutes before us. But it was tasty (I got the crust which I usually like) and my wife got the rest. Based on input from my friend and his wife (not a lot from their plates were being input into their mouth) we have to say it was disappointing.

The people behind the counter were very nice and courteous and they were very helpful in spite of the long lines. But hey! what is the point in serving with a smile if what you are serving is not great quality stuff ?

Except for the salad, the little one actually said "yukkie" ! To compensate for the whole thing we decided to go to Ghirardeli after the dinner and treated ourselves to some Hot Fudge Sundae's. Now that was a winner !.

We might still visit this place the next time we go to great mall to try the sizzler out.

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:50 PM, Blogger carkar wrote...

I guess Milan is more of a Gujariti place, that could explain the extra sweetness.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:49 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

thanks carkar

have updated the listing...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home