Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kapali Kovil Utsavam - Adhigara Nandhi

The song goes ...

KaaNa kaN kOdi vendum, adhigara nandhi sevai thanai..

10 million eyes to view the adhigara Nandhi (commanding bull)

The way they carry Lord Kapalishwarar on the silver bull, the way they sway it to the rythmic drum beats, it is a sight to watch.

It has been 17 years since I got to see this! What with coming to the USA and the India trips always aligning to summer or winter, you never get to go there during Navrathri time (september) or Utsavam time (April). This trip was indeed a godsend.

My tired father and grandparents thanked me so many times for bringing the utsavam to them with the videos and photos.




Here are some photo highlights as well.



















There are many of you out there in the same boat. Hope you enjoyed the video and photos.

Another day, another vahanam..


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sheela wrote...

Gosh, thanks! For a large part of my life, living stone's throw from Kapali Kovil, I would jostle the mad rush purely out of faith and adrenalin... don't even have photos from those days. Thanks for the video and photos! Remember going with my grandpa for every other pradosham, and even joining in the aruvathi moovar festivities... good old days!
...was googling for Apple Tree Complex, and what do you know?! landed here :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

hair adornments aqua blue braiding hair clip in hair extensions white hot hair shampoo reviews adding tracks to short hair human lace wigs pure lace wig reviews silver butterfly hair clips human hair extensions homemade hair extension glue how to do micro braids on natural hair cheap wigs types of hair extensions for thin hair beauty works hair oil lace front wigs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home