Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, August 05, 2006

A new prayer

As you might have seen in the previous post, we had a religious function yesterday. The deity was still outside today. This morning we heard some prayer like sounds from the living room, and did a little investigating.

It was Jr. doing her imitation of mommy praying in front of god ! She was offering flowers , rose petals etc. and praying. Some of it was genuine, some of it was made up gibberish that sounded like Sanskrit and some of it was actually in ENGLISH !!




Did you notice lines like "god I will wake up in the morning and be a good girl , I will not paduththy(tamlish for make trouble) my mommy !"

We were laughing for almost an hour after this episode. Best part was that she was so engrossed in her prayer that she never caught us taking the two videos !!

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Wow ! Me & my wife had a good laugh. And could see our neice in there!

Children and their ways. Buddy, the closest you could go to the deity at home is through the you other deity at home !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:16 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

kavi, went to your blog. you have a nice blog. i really loved the piece on your niece going back home and asking you for a dress before she left ! very touching.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:21 AM, Blogger Aravind wrote...

that was pretty good n enjoyable .good that u were ableto capture it on video without distracting the kid.my mom was able to figure out some sanskrit words out of it .gud 1.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:08 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

ahh must watch it later - hhehe but the paduthufy line hehehe so cute

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:04 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

aravind, welcome to this blog.

visithra, you have to listen to this..

after listening to the video a couple of times what we figured out was

1. it starts off with "i will wake up in the mornign and be a good girl tomorrow"

2. then comes some "ganesha pancharatnam" phrases

3. then she is actually singing some "raffi" songs in sanskrit tone !! the nerve !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home