Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Psychic vs. Psycho

psy·chic
adj.


Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche; mental.
Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as extrasensory perception and mental telepathy.
Of or relating to such mental processes.

Pcycho

psy·cho
n. pl. psy·chos
A psychopath.


adj.
Crazy; insane

Why this comparison from dictionary.com ??

Was accidentally drawn to the Tamil Mega serial my wife was watching today. It is called "kolangal" and comes on Sun TV. A guy was banging his head on the wall because the girl he proposes to, rejects him saying he is a maniac. He says "yes, I AM A PSYCHIC !!". I think he meant Psycho.. later he was using the two words interchangeably and continued to bang his head !!

A couple of scenarios play in your mind :

a. he is fully aware of the girls accusation that he is a psycho, but he is psychic enough to understand that this was going to happen !!
b. he thinks she is accusing him of being a psychic - and that is a problem ??
c. guy did very poorly in his GRE "Verbal" exam, so went to business school instead ?

I was rolling on the ground laughing. Maybe I should start watching SUN TV mega serials just for their comedy value in such serious situations ??

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:14 AM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

LOL!.. peetar english la puzhthu utta, indha gadhi dhaan!!..

vijay padathula "neenga youth aana ponnu, youth aana payyan", "emotion aavaadha", idhu maadhiri, nerayya gems keytruken!!.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:20 AM, Blogger Balaji wrote...

thats hilarious. its moments like this that i wish i hadn't stopped watching 'kolangal' :-(

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:40 PM, Blogger Munimma wrote...

then that Anty guy. Metti Oli mappillai - the hero(kind of) in this one, used to call his mamiyar anti :-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:18 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

ttg, that was hilarious..

balaji, time to start watching kolangal.. i am sure if we sell a best english blunders of kolangal VCD, it will be a big hit!

munimma, he is not just the hero of kolangal. he is in fact the director of kolangal. (i am assuming that you are talking about "thols" !!). my wife tells me that he left the set of metti oli so he could start directing kolangal ! probably why the english standard for kolangal is what bhagyaraj would call "8th standard fail !"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home