Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, December 15, 2005

You happy mommy ?

This photo blog is an attempt to make my mommy happy...

After all, it is devoted to the changing face of her darling baby,

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME !!

Why this post ? My wife and mother in law are pretty sure that the baby takes after me. I dont have a big photo collection in the US (all my photos are in India).. but based on the limited collection, I was trying to rummage through, here is to ME !


At 4 months, taken from the standard "first baby photo" , the Indian style , where they take the naked kid and put him on a table !!



At 15 months, when I could pose on my own. My brother wasnt born yet. This is probably the best photo of my childhood, unfortunately I found it termite ridden on my India trip in 1998.. took a photo copy..



At 3 1/2 years, from a photo taken with my brother at my Iyaa Anna (cousin's) wedding. I think it was in Vijayawada.. dont remember..



At 5 years, after my sister was born. Taken from the first photo of the three of us..




At 8 years, taken from the first photo by a camera owned by a family member. My Soonji chittappa (uncle) surprised us all by buying a black and white camera in those days !! The concept of owning a camera was so alien to the family.




At 10 years, chitappa had a few negatives left. so he called us to pose on the parapet wall when it was just getting dark. still remember that day !




At 13 years, after a serious skin problem left me near dead. My recovery was a miracle (one of the reasons why I write posts on the eastern occult !!). Eastern medicine and orthodoxy cured me when Allopathic medicine left me for dead (they gave me three months to live !).



At 14 years, weak and still wearing glasses, but recovering nicely and going back to school. (these are all school Identity card photos)



At 15 years, ready to go face life beyond high school. This photo was taken for the IIT entrance exam application.



At 16, just in college and forced to shave by my seniors as part of the hazing !!



At 18, ready to see life beyond Undergraduate degree, this was the photograph for the GRE and TOEFL test applications. Looking very much a product of Uttar Pradesh than Tamil Nadu ! Must be all that Tea from Bihari's chai shop..




At 20, after coming to the US of A, going for a John Lennon look and ending up like Yanni !!




At 22, first trip back to India. Off comes the long hair and into a suit. The photo was taken from a nice sibling photo taken by a professional photographer who happens to be dad's friend.




At 25, the moustache comes off thanks to dancing days. This photo was taken at a Christmas treat, by my friend Alana's mom. She always used to piss her daughter off by saying " I wish I had, had sundar for a son !!". Was the good boy graduate student !!




At 27, married for a year and very happy. Photo taken from a professional portrait.


At 30, a new daddy. This photo taken from the day we named the first kid ..




At 33, the latest taken two weeks ago at bloggers meet, daddy of two now !!



And yes, my baby does look like a mini me !! It has been a wild ride for this face folks.. Hope my daughter puts up a blog like this 35 years from now !!

ps. All the original photos are not being linked or posted because the other people in the photo will be up in Arms !! But some are too good not to post..
























Hope you enjoyed it folks !! It was fun doing this post..

19 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:39 PM, Blogger Adaengappa !! wrote...

AMAZING COLLECTIONS, Sir !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:24 PM, Blogger TJ wrote...

Photograph la 'Autograph' kaattiteenga!!
Andha specs nadoola drop aaiduthaa?? :D

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:16 PM, Blogger Anand wrote...

wow... amazing... chance illa ponga... kuttipayana irukkum both romba samathu payano :P

The yaani photo was very funny... why dont you try that now.. home minister theituvaangalo :))

nice collection...

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:10 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Wow very nice. Couldn't stop laughing at the one with the long hair :)) Nice collection

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:40 AM, Blogger Balaji wrote...

impressive post! 'nyabagam varudhe' paadinde post panningalo? :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:54 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

awww enna collection ;) nice ones ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:55 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

oh yes forgot to mention your daughters have ur eyes ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

from Yanni to Salman khan - nice collection Sundar.
edho movie patha feeling irukku :)

karthik

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:17 AM, Blogger Krish wrote...

First photovai appadiye censored-aa viduviyonnu paarthen, aanaa bhayangara dhagiriyam paa unakku :-)

You definitely look good in your childhood photos ;-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:14 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Amazing collection and great effort to digitalize and post all this.!! I liked all your photo..! Kinda ..like Nayagan style...!! Best I like is the one of yours with kadukkan in your kadhu..and also the Yanni style photo.!!

The photo of your wife and you is very nice.

I think your daughter looks like you..after looking at your photos.!!

BTW - The Meesai.!! LOL :) Just kidding.!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

to all of you who enjoyed this post and let me know it, thanks.

now for specifics.

tj, i wore specs for two years after I had the infection. then they gave me something called "thethaankottai legiyam".. miraculously everything came back to normal and the specs went out.

anand prabhu, kaadhu kadukkan ponadhe home ministeraala dhan.. yaaani style hair ellam ninaichchu kooda pakka mudiyaadhu.. andha kaalaththula it was okay. ippo even i wouldnt think of that hairstyle..

most of you are right. for some reason i was in a very nyabagam varudhe mood.. the baby was very sick. we had just come back from the hospital and i was feeling low myself. just realized how difficult it was for my parents when i suffered through my illness !! in fact i woke up just now to see all the comments. me going back to sleep. hopefully i will get better by tomorrow morning.

thennavan, even the mrs. didnt know i wore glasses. so she saw that for the first time.. even the yanni photo !! she confirmed that she would have said "no" tome if she had gotten the yanni photo !! ivvalo thunninjappo, oru baby nude photo periya vishayama ?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:02 AM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

Wow... that was an excellent recount!.

Yanni was the best!!.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:21 AM, Blogger Divya wrote...

A cool recap...felt like i watched your life movie....By the way, the foto of you and your wife looks cute...not to mention some others:-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jagan wrote...

man ..ice collection of photos . after i go back to india , i am going to chk if i hav some of my snaps ...it cud b real fun to look at them now .:).

BTW ..the yanni snap was ultimate . u look totally diff in tht. actaully am targetting tht style now :) .

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:56 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

narayanan sir, ttg, divya and jagan

thanks.

jagan, a word of caution. .. every now and then keep checking to see if your style is close to what you want. . two of us started towards john lennon. one became yanni. the other became T. Rajendar.. now that can be scary ..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:23 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

Super collection ponga. I have also got plenty of photos like that. But I do not know whether I would be able to do like this. I liked all of them. Especially not to mention Yaani Photo (I could not believe that it was you) and the photo with your sis and brother (I presume). No doubt the recent family picture. As Narayanan said your daughter resembles you more. Nice collection.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

balaji sir, thanks.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:06 AM, Blogger anantha wrote...

super malarum ninaivugal. i still remember that innocent face that was reluctant to rag me in varanasi.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:46 AM, Blogger Kaps wrote...

yanni is my favourite. interesting collection of snaps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home