Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Scary !! Premature maternal instincts


The jealousy was more target towards mommy than the baby.. With that information in hand (thanks to her daycare teacher who pointed out that the toddler picked up a baby doll first thing in the morning and would let go of it only when I showed up!), I got a real lifelike doll for her.

This doll is silicone (feels like skin when you touch it), has the body proportioned to a real baby, comes with its own milk bottle, diaper, dresses, cap, socks, bed, pillow etc..

As of yesterday we told the toddler that she is a "mommy". The baby has been named "Uma" and "Swathi"..

Right now, Uma Swathi is being fed when the baby is being fed, she is changed when the baby is changed.



On a side note, two funny things that happened.

First, when we were unpacking the baby doll, my wife walked into the room. My daughter says "mommy, dont come here. go take care of YOUR baby !! go away!!"

Next, she fed the baby, then claimed it was choking and burped the baby for a full 5 minutes !! We were impressed ..

But now Uma Swathi is a prime candidate to be picked up by social services as a neglected baby. The toddler is going to a birthday party and in her rush, she left the baby like this !


That is kids for you in a nutshell ...

10 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:51 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Kids..are adorable..aren't they.!!
Amazing toys these days.!! They look so natural...I even saw a toy that drinks some liquid..which eventually comes back to the bottle.!!

The last photo..is funny.!! I see clothes of Barbie here and there in my house.!!!

Thank God..for giving us kids.! :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:31 AM, Blogger Balaji wrote...

i have the exact same 1st foto with kavya! she didnt even wait till her baby brother came. the maternal instincts do kick in real early :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:04 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last picture. :))

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:41 AM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

lol!. paavum, andha doll in the last pic.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

narayanan sir, i have also seen that bottle where the milk level slowly goes down. you flip the bottle and the milk reappears.. dont know where i can get my hands on that bottle..

balaji, i wish i had known this was the problem. wrongly suspected jealousy..

wa, Peththikku unga peru recommend panni irukken.. onnume sollaliye !!

ttg, there are worse horror pictures that will put abu gharib to shame.. for the sake of the audience, I have not posted those pictures of the doll..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

:)) HAHAHA Nice name ille, but by the time I saw the state of poor Uma Swathi in the last picture I forgot about everything else.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:29 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

i showed the blog to my daughter .. she felt really sorry for leaving the doll on the floor like that.. from now on she has promised to leave the house only after the doll has been fed and has gone to sleep !!

new use for my blog : "successfully emotional blackmailing your kid"

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:18 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundar,

It is typical. The kids imitate their parents more. That too having a newly born baby in your house, she wants to imitate her mother. The boys never do these stuff. The girls imitate their mothers as the boys their Dad. I have the same doll with the milk decreasing and the fuss my daughter makes in talking to her doll is funny. Once the milk is over the doll makes a funny birp, and even keeps laughing sometime. The doll also cries 'Mumma...Mumma...' when she is hungry. The moment my daughter keeps the milk bottle she shuts her mouth and the doll starts drinking the milk. As usual my son wanted to find out how the milk goes and wanted to use his Einstein ideas to discover. Few dolls of my daughter get repaired for having a inquisitive Engineer at home. Even today my daughter was complaining about my son being a Opthalmologist for her another doll. They keep waiting for me to arrive home and bump on me with their complaints.... Will the Nadi Joshyam tell anything about this?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:51 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

Ahem rating pothutu u have put the photo? Tsh tsh!

Its definitely more imitating then jealousy - the thing is the little sister looks like a doll to her ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:24 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

balaji sir, i used to perform surgery on my sisters dolls with my brother as assistant doctor.. mostly with TOPAZ razor blades.. you are right.

visithra, better abuse the doll than the baby !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home