Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Disclaimers !!!

Have spent the last hour reading about disclaimers, case law on disclaimers, how people can sue you even for someone elses comments displayed on your post etc..

the most helpful link was this !!

So, I will put two disclaimers.. One will be on the header, which will make my blog look ugly .. so I will make it the smallest font possible (he he he ..)

There will also be the second disclaimer on the "post your comments" box.

This is what happens when the world has more supply than demand for lawyers !

Take care !!

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:02 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Sundar, Enna acchu.!! Though it doesn't harm doing this..why this knee jerk reaction.!!

But then, its your blog and you can do whatever you want.!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Enna, avlo serious-a poittu irukka matter?

Inimey konjam careful-a thaan irukkanum.. competition-nu vandha oru vazhi parthura maattom... :-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:49 PM, Blogger Balaji wrote...

hmmm... didnt see any disclaimer in the 'post comments' box??

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:20 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Seems like you are too cautious. Anyhow it is better to be
like that.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

narayanan sir, yesterday i read all about blogs, legal precendents for blog cases (how not much exists), etc. etc.

it was scary. i thought the US of A will be more lenient towards blog than our Swades.. but not really.. the lawyers here are more silly than the goondas back there. .

adhunala dhan.. he he..

i was trying hard to make the disclaimer in font 5.. but my html skills need improvement.. same thing with the comment.. went somewhere in teh template and said "your comments are your own".. but doesnt appear anywhere..

lawyer pasangala nambave mudiyaadhu.. personal experiencela sollaren.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:13 PM, Blogger The Visitor wrote...

Reg. disclaimer on your blog:
Talk about small print! It couldn't get smaller. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home