Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, August 12, 2005

Happy sisters..

Today was Varalakshmi Nombu, a south indian traditional festival where women pray to god for the longevity of their husbands. The kids get to eat some "good eats" and get together for fun.

My wife's cousin visited us with her daughter.. The kids had a great time playing together..

Happy sisters, celebrating Varalakshmi Nombu...  Posted by Picasa

Here is a photo of the moms and kids..

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:40 PM, Blogger Internet Street Philosopher wrote...

Happy Varalakshmi Nombu. Never heard of it before till today, but best wishes on you, the family and the unborn one!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hi Sundar,
I think you have varalakshmi nombu confused with kaaradayaan nombu. The latter is where the wife prays for her husband's long life (its origin can be traced back to the satyavan - savitri legend).

Regards
g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home