Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, August 14, 2006

:(

It is always sad to see familiar bloggers say goodbye. So Imagine my shock and surprise when I go and find that the WitchyAngel aka Uma says goodbye !!

Always wonder why they just dont take an extended break and come back and post, but post less frequently all the same. But I have also been there. There was a time when I decided, "that's it.. no more blogging".. too damn busy.. like right now !! Juggling work, class, family (note family was third there on list and that is not good!)..

But like my favorite teacher (Balu Sir) once said "Sundar, REST is defined as change of state". So if you are tired of physics and want to take some rest, study chemistry and if you get tired of chemistry, study math!".. Some might say the man was sick, and I was some kind of nutcase to take that seriously, but he was right. I came back from class at 9:30, ate and played with baby till 10:00, worked till 11:00 and now I am blogging till 11:30! The fact that Balu Sir overworked himself and passed away when he was young is probably going to show up in many a comment, but I still maintain, the man was right on !

Just wish more people would take REST this way and not give up blogging! I will miss TheWitchyAngel. I really really hope she is just trying to cure someone of having hiccups by giving them shock therapy !

:(

Considering she has changed the blogs appearance, removed the archives and has disabled comments,

Good luck WA, with all the other stuff that is now going to be your focus ! Stay in touch and like you said earlier, you know where you are coming for vacation next year!

7 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:39 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

well if you dont see any post from anyone its coz we're all in denial - shes coming back i tell ya ;p

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:59 AM, Blogger B o o wrote...

I was going to write a post too. You mundhified! So I ll comment here instead. Like Visit, Im also in denial. I did nt know that it will shock me this much. And thats shocking! :(

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:18 AM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundar,

I too felt the same and tried contacting her. But the ring goes to recorded message. Probably thought that she does not want to hear from anyone as she has disabled her comments section too. It is sad that such active bloggers disappearing like this. I have seen few others telling the same. I have tried to encourage few and succeeded. You rightly said about the change of state. I do the same. We need to rotate few things and you never get bored. Life is like that anyhow.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar :P I will be around reading and commenting, thanks though.

Balaji sir - mobile playing up at the moment, need to sort it out. Will look at it over the weekend.

Boo/Visit - Ladies you know me, i am going nowhere. Will make more noise than ever in the comment sections now :D

Annathe apologies for taking over your comment section here. Neenga vera deer padam ellam potturukeenga, adha ellam paathuttu do you think we are going anywhere else for our next holidays? :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:15 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

now that the lady has commented about her new job as "commenter only" !!!!!!!

:) :(

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:20 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I have been a blogger for three months now. Writing gives a creative release , and the very feeling that i have been able to reach out to others in the world is a great kick.

I cant understand why people would close down a blog. I have seen quite a few nice blogs shut shop. It would be unfair to try and think through, because my context has been limited (to these three months). But, wishing WA all the very best, for i was a regular at her Blog.

Sundar: Your (Balu sir's) definition of rest is very interesting. VERY INTERESTING. So interesting that i brought it up in a private discussion with a group of friends and many couldnt help agree more !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I agree...I had just started reading WA's blog, and suddenly it stopped. For a second, I thought it was some joke. Ah well, hopefully, she will come back.

I agree with you. If bloggers are tired, they should just take an extended break. Or of course, blog irregularly. Once a wk instead of everyday.

-kajan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home