Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A budding artist..

My lovely mom, like most moms has the habit of telling stories from my childhood to anyone who will lend her a listening ear!!

One of those stories involves me filling up a 200 page (192 to be exact!) notebook with butterfly's and only butterflys in every size and color when I was four ! I am sure that the modern day psychoanalyst will come up with a nice explanation for why a four year old's first fascination with a sketch pen starts with a butterfly and why he would be so obsessive enough to fill a notebook with a single object ? Maybe I was obsessive compulsive, maybe I was a perfectionist, or who knows what else ? Anyways, I digress so predictably! On with the current topic !

For the last few months we have been wondering why Jr. doesnt like writing as much as reading. I was worried that she probably suffered from pencilophobia or some other such thing. This inspite of assurances from her school that she writes fine !

Last week she drew a flower (after daddy taught her how to draw). The next day she got us a paper from school with at least 50 flowers ! I was reminded of my mom's story and was worried that I would be condemned to repeating the same story that my mom used to say (after doing find="butterfly", replace ="flower").

This morning, Jr. erased that nightmare scenario when she drew "me" ! I was speechless and she kept surprising me with a picture of mom and "funny grandpa" !




It took daddy a few weeks to graduate from butterfly and go on to elephant and another few weeks to capture the rest of the animal kingdom on pen and paper..

I am so relieved that Jr. is doing much better. I am saving the pictures in my little shoe box !!

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:00 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

awww so pretty ;p like daddy huh the daughter ;p

its sweet to see how ure saving jrs stuff ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

obsessive you mean ?

ha ha..

i have everything saved up, not that she might care including

1. the first junk mail and credit card application that she got (when she was a few months old)

2. her umbilical cord

3. her first nail (from first nail cutting session )

etc. etc..

she might love me or hate me for it when she grows up.. who knows.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:09 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

nah shell love u - but she might not tell u ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:26 AM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

Looks like you are enjoying her activities more than anyone. BTW how is the second one. You may have to buy another house, to archive all their things. We have a heap of my son's things... and having grown up he relishes some of them, and have lost some of them. Looking at the volume, we stopped doing so much for our second one. Definitely not the first nail like you.... Once your daughters grow up... they can look at those items and make another Autograph song... Mudhan mudhalaga vetiya nagam....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home