Cumin Overload - Tasty Treat
Here is my recipe for aloo-gobi sabji (potato-cauliflower side dish) which relies on cumin for the flavouring more than the standard chili spice.
Start with :
Cut them real fine (especially the cauliflower)..
Use the bottom pan of a pressure cooker :
- put two spoons of oil at medium heat
- put channa dal and urad dal and get them to a light brown color
- add mustard seeds (1/2 spoon) and cumin seeds (2 spoons)
- add some asafoedita when the mustard starts splattering
- add the onions and saute them till they turn light brown
- then add the cauliflower and potato's (i cheat by microwaving the potato for 2 minutes before throwing it in the mix
- add 1/2 a spoon of salt and 1/4 spoon of the standard curry powder (or sambar powder) and stir for a few minutes.
- add 1/2 cup water mix and put the lid on the pressure cooker and wait till you hear one whistle.
- release the pressure, open the pan and continue to stir for another two minutes and you have..
Great to eat with rice or rotis!