Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Pooochies !!

My earliest memories of my sister are of her combing my hair for two straight hours when I was 9 or 10 years old. She was 4-5 at the time and was really cranky one day. I happened to sit with my back against the sofa and she was sitting on the sofa watching TV.

So, my mom gives her a comb and says "fix his hair.. he needs it". My dandruff problems were legendary in those days. Used to hate those baths with the Selsun Blue stuff ! She called the dandruff "poochies" ("insects" in Tamizh) and went on to remove the poochies for two hours straight. After my scalp had pretty much turned red and I started complaining she stopped..

Recently my daughter was given a comb at her daycare .. So her latest hobby is to fix everyones hair with that mini comb. This has exasperated the wife and mother in law because they dont want to be touched with the same comb that has seen Daddy's hair !! God forbid !! Combing is now a restricted activity and the comb has been quarantined for Daddy. The funniest thing is that today my daughter combed my hair for almost and hour and guess what she said

"Daddy there are lots of poochies in your hair.. it is going to take me a long time to remove them". I am glad my daughter decided to give up an hour earlier than my sister did in those days..The incident brought back so many memories.. My mom says that we (me and my siblings) have all drifted all over the world and she is saddened by it. But genes are genes.. and we are always in everyones heart.. just another incident that goes to prove it !

9 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:25 PM, Blogger Casement wrote...

Hmmm...havent you done anything to fix your poochie thollai besides Selsun???:))

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:24 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

hehehe aww so cute - same words ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

hey man...when i was in india, your mani(my mom) would actually take real poochies out of my hair...take your pick.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:25 PM, Blogger Blabber-blogger wrote...

ayoo paavam (poochies).. they need a new home. :))

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

casement, we did.. but we dont want to go into those hideous details, do we ?

visithra aunty, yep. she used the exact same words !!

ram, how is your current situation with the poochies ?? hope she is still not picking them from your hair !!

nyneishia, now i know whose side you are on !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Aiyo Paavam :)

PS: Sundar, rombha naala oru chinna doubtu, unga url-la oru number keedhe adhu enna unga vayasaa? :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

wa,

indha nakkla dhane venamgaradhu !! when yahoo first started and became popular i tried to get myself an email id.. tried sundar, sundar1, sundar2.. till sundar11..
they were all taken.. and this was just a few days after yahoo mail was started !!!!!! go figure the number of sundars out there.. sundar12 was available.. but i choose 72 because I was born in 72 !! the very next day i went and signed up for sundar72 in most of the popular mail services ..

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Sundar, enna achu? Gone quiet for a while. Have you guys found the house you were looking for? Moved yet? Looking fwd to hearing more

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:21 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

hows everyone doing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home