Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

BARR - Saravana Bhavan

If you are from Tamil Nadu or if you have even visited Tamil Nadu once, you need no introduction to Saravana Bhavan. A very famous restaurant chain, now with a branch in Sunnyvale. They were originally at the corner of El Camino and Castro in Mountain View and have relocated to Mary and El Camino recently. That is almost walking distance for us.



The new location is very nice, lot more seating, parking and much less wait to get a table. We were there for dinner today.. so without further ado, I will launch into the review.

Please note that as and when we eat new dishes, I will update this page ! I will also update the rating based on comments and feedback to this page.

Wait time : 5 minutes
Food wait time from order : 10 minutes
Check time : 3 minutes (Visa or Mastercard ONLY !!)
Average price per person : $14
Rating "I miss my mother-in-law".
Service : excellent

Items sampled : Tomato soup, Rava Dosa, Pongal, Mysore Bonda and Koththu parota.

The soup was "face watering".. not only was my mouth watering (really tasty) but it was also super hot and that made my eyes and nose water as well.

The rava dosai was excellent (as is always in Saravana Bhavan) and so was the Pongal. The quantity of Pongal was less than expected for the price.

I sampled the bonda and the koththu parota. The bonda was average, but the parotta was really "yummy"! The little one enjoyed everything as well, especially the parotta (she thought it was a spicy pasta and really went for it).

I foresee many more trips to this place in my future !

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar,
SB is one of our favorite places as well. We have pretty tried most of their items. Their Thali is quite spicy for us. We prefer the Thali at Dasaprakash (although, this is not a favorite for lot of our friends) and also lunch at Komala Vilas.
Didn't care for the Uttappam varieties at SB. But everything else is simply excellent. Have you tried their Badam Halwa and Badsha? They are very good.

SK

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

hi SK

looks like our menu for the next trip is decided.. Thali and badam halwa it is ..

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Rava kesari too.. dont miss out on that. Guess you got lucky with the wait time. On weekends it could be upto 30 min.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hi Sundar,

My name is Priya. I happened to come across your blog by chance, and see the pictures of your family. Your wife resembles one of my classmates from Adarsh Vidyalaya, Chennai-1994 batch, and of course her name too is Sangeetha Srinivasan. We had a common friend Shilpa. I lost contact with them over the years. Please do reply to my email id - priyasrajesh@yahoo.com(don't forget the s in between) to confirm. It will be nice to talk to her after such a long time.

Regards,
Priya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home