Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, December 02, 2005

Approval Ratings - The fickle female !!

Recently I had mentioned that Visithra's approval rating with the Mrs. had gone up 400%.

This is the recent happening :

week 1 :

me : this girl writes a very matter of fact blog. nothing serious and very day to day !!
mrs : she has way too much time on her hands.

week 2 :

me : I want to post the family photo!
mrs: No. I dont want any more photos of me on the internet ..
me : one last time. then I will put it in yahoo photos from now on.
mrs: grrrrrrrrrrrr

week 3 :
me : did you see the comments on my blog for the photo that was removed ?
mrs: yeah. you see, that girl is right. you should not post family photos in the internet ..
me : since when did you start accepting visithra's comments ?!?

Lets flash back to late eighties :

year 1 :

me : meet my classmate/roomate..
mom : hello.. so you are their son huh ? i know them well personally..
me : this guy is my best friend ma .
mom : that is just great. do bring him to our home often. (to my friend)treat this like your home..

year 2 :

me : okay, i am all set to go back to college. have packed all the food for the two day train journey.
mom : here take this also for your friend.
me : i am sure his mom is going to load his bag full of eatables..
mom : he is like another son to me. you guys take care of each other so well. TAKE this. Dont say no..


year 3 :

mom : did i just smell cigarette smoke on him ?
me : maybe.
mom : what maybe ? YES or NO ?
me : YES. he started smoking just before the last semester ended.
mom : are you smoking too ?
me : NO. i start wheezing everytime there is smoke from the kitchen.. i will die if I smoke . you know better than that.
mom : He is no son of mine.. I dont want you to talk to that boy anymore..he will be a bad influence.
me : how come till yesterday he was like your son and today he is not ?if I start smoking tomorrow will you say the same thing about me.
mom : I am sorry. I shouldnt have said that. He is still like my son. Said that because I am upset that He started smoking.. that upset me more than the fact that you might start smoking. Pleae ask him to quit!

Ever wonder how women change their affiliations, views in a jiffy on hearing things they want to hear or do not want to hear ?

Just a thought. Female readers, dont flame this blog !! It is just something that struck me as a more than frequent happening..

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:52 PM, Blogger Adaengappa !! wrote...

Probably 'coz as "AMMA"said, everyone has selective amnesia !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:05 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Yeah Yeah men are just perfect, they never change their minds :-P

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:31 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

adengappa, enakku puriyalai !

wa, being fickle is not considered that negative a trait as being stupid. when men change their minds they are just branded as weak or stupid.. he he

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:25 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

If I had to write such a blog I would have written about two more females.... One Elder sister, and one Younger Sister. Sorry no comments... I dont want someone to shout slogans at me and burn my effigys....because even if I talk about my ladies at home... it will become a issue for the whole.... (Hawn...Naan sollamataney...Naan sollamataney...)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:52 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

balaji sohlamathen sohlamathen sohlithu ivlo sohliruhkingehle ;p

ah so this is how my ratings went up hehehe ;)))

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

enna balaji sir, ivvalo sollitteenga.. veetula yaarum idha pakka maatangannu oru nambikkaiya ?

visithra, i thought you knew !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home