Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What is worse ?

There is only one thing worse than being sick..

Being sick and watching your kid be sick at the same time !

Have been stuck with some viral infection since friday. Initially I dismissed it as just another sore throat episode, and that proved a costly mistake. By sunday evening the throwing up started..

Since Jr. had pretty much stopped eating anything since saturday, we decided to go to the doctor. Both daddy and baby on the same doctors table. The doctor checks me, says I have a viral infection, prescribes some stuff to help with the nausea. Then I tell him that Jr. has lost 4 lbs in 4 days and is on a hunger strike.

He promptly pulls a lollipop from his coat and gives it to Jr. and asks her to eat it. Jr., the unsuspecting kids that she is, licks the lollipop a few times. The doctor is beaming "she looks good to me.. she is eating !". I could have strangled him with my bare hands ! How about giving her some fruit or salad or rice and doing the same test !! When we came to the parking lot after our visit, I asked Jr. "what happened to the lollipop ? did you finish it ?" Her answer :"no. I have it here. It doesnt taste good !". Jr. is now recovering, slowly. Daddy is also recovering and has managed not to throw up the last three meals.

A few years ago, I would be sick and still go to work and people wouldnt mind. But things have changed. They promptly kicked me out today and asked me to work from home if possible or just rest (they took one look at my face, heard my voice and decided they dont want the bug) !! Finally planning on resuming a normal day tomorrow !

Next time you take your kid to a california doctor, make sure you take some rice and gravy with you. That way when the doc. does his "lollipop" test, you can promptly counter it with an alternate food test !!!

8 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:57 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

Hope both of u are doing better ;)

eheh rice n gravy eh ;p hehehe lol

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:18 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

The doctors do seem a little bit more laid back in the west, hope you both feel better soon

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:15 AM, Blogger Anu wrote...

Hope ur doing better... next time the doctor gives a lollypop, maybe u can ask him which diet he follows- the candies and sweets super healthy one??

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:18 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Hope the recovery for you and Jr are fast and complete. I am sure the doc ensured he shot a hole in your wallet. Well, i guess the lollipop was the sweetener for the pop !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:47 PM, Blogger Adaengappa !! wrote...

Hope you both feel better now !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Enna achu? Better yet?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:08 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

Hope you and Jr. get better soon!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

to all of you who wished us well

THANK YOU!!

we are both recovering well.

should be back to normal by monday..

back to school, work, blog ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home