Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A picture is worth ?

Yeah , Yeah.. we all know a picture is worth a thousand words..

The pictures I have below are worth, well !! a few thousand bucks !!!





Had gone to a friends place and she showed us her latest Sari and this picture was actually in the border. Guess Sari's have become very high tech these days!! The whole picture was actually embroidered using GOLD thread in the silk along the border !! We were pretty sure that there was enough gold in that sari to trip metal detectors, in the event our friend decided to wear that sari and go through airport security. The detail was just fantastic (I took the picture with my cell phone and that is why the resolution on the picture is not big (the picture is actually 3 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 feet).

There were little peacocks and roses on the small border which I could capture with my cell phone just to show the detail..


This peacock is 2 inches by 2 1/2 inches actual size.

Computerized gold sari's !!! What next ?

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:01 PM, Blogger Blabber-blogger wrote...

How did you actually capture her sari border first q. :D Really techie though.. i havent come across one.. but interesting..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Wow, seen these sarees on advertisements. So far have avoided the temptation to get one, but they do look so beautiful, hmmmm

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:51 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

nyneishia, had to put the sari on a table and climb on a chair to take the picture.. would have been nice if i had my camera though.

wa, seekirame neengalum indha maadhiri oru pudavai vaangaporeengannu sollunga !

veda, i have to see that sari with the aishwarya photo.. send us a pic if you can.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home