Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blog flu...

I think I had Blog flu.

Just think about it.. a guy who posts like there is no tomorrow, suddenly finds it so difficult to get a word edgeways on his blog, for weeks..

Here are some important things that have happened over the last one week..

Some of this shouldnt be announced the way I am announcing it.. especially to near and dear ones.. but who has time ?

First, I am going to be a US Citizen in two weeks!! My interview was over last week and I will have to go to a "swearing in" ceremony soon. Needless to say, this is the subject of many blog posts by itself.. so I will stop here. Lets just say there are reasons for going through this after all these years of indecision..

Next, we sold our house !! This by itself wouldnt be big news, were it not for the fact that we failed in attempts to buy our next house at the same time. The clock is ticking and yours truly is under a lot of pressure to find new quarters for wifey, kids and mother in law, not to mention a father in law who is planning to visit real soon.. It will be a bummer to show him into a two bedroom apartment, instead of thes prawling 4 bedroom house we are used to caling "home" .. Man proposes, bay area house market disposes.

I was sick again and was down for most of last week. That is when I decided to back off from blogger. Got a sudden headache while driving to pick up the toddler from daycare. This was followed by some violent throwing up as soon as I got home. After spending a day at the hospital and undergoing various tests at various departments, they figured that the nausea was triggered by something in my eyes. Apparently there is a viral infection in the eye that makes you extremely sensitive to moving lights and triggers nausea and headaches. I was given some eye drops and was wearing sunglasses at home, work, everywhere.. This led to me being nicknamed "Mr. Hollywood" at work and becoming the target of jokes by everyone at home including the toddler. But the virus ,nausea and sunglasses are all gone and I am happy.

In other news, I spent a few hours yesterday trying to catch up with all my favorite blogs.. Have managed to go alphabetically from Adengappa to Ferrari.. still a lot of catching up to do.. especially at the rate at which some of you blog.. Possibly have to take a day off just to read Visithra aunty's blog !!

In other other news, I went through a mid term exam after many many years !! Didnt do that badly... lets hope the trend continues.

I have a list of things I wanted to write about and havent gotten to any of it. Will start, hopefully tonight...

8 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:55 PM, Blogger Krish wrote...

Sundara, I didn't know that all of this that you had to go thru. Oru call or email with your number anupchirundenaa naan phone panniyiruppen. Hope things are back to normal now and congrats on going-to-be-soon-US-"kudi"magan :-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:14 AM, Blogger Divya wrote...

Thats a lot of stuff ro happen in one week...:-)
All the best for all the endeavours..citizenship, property purchase, ur health n everything..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

S- so you might be a citizen in a few weeks, it took my mom 42 years, but at least can say you didn't vote for W. So glad to see you and family are doing well again. I've missed your blog, can't wait to read all these hurry up and become a citizen details. good luck house hunting! -E

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:12 PM, Blogger Anand wrote...

nice to know u are going to become an US citizen... Good luck :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:40 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Nice to know about your Citizenship. Glad that you have overcome the infections. See you actively blogging soon.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I am really impressed that u are able to juggle so many tasks at a time. All the best!!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

thennavan, thanks.. it is all water under the bridge .. back to normal now.

divya, thanks. right now everything except the purchase is okay.

thanks E. didnt take me 42 years.. if I waited 42 years, there is no way I am changing my mind after that..

AP, thanks. i thought you would post a few video blogs of India trip.. ??

Balaji and anon, thanks a bunch.

I am looking forward to voting !!!
Big reason why I decided to become a citizen.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:39 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

u just wanted to add in the aunty didnt ya?? naughty naughty happy house hunting - n may junior provide more tickles on dads favoured house ;p hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home