Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, November 19, 2007

Photo Sans Lens ?

That was an attempt at a pun, after San's request to try taking pictures with just the camera body!

I tried.. All I got was an overloaded CMOS sensor!

After some repeated pleading and researching, I found a lens for near 100 bucks which was

1. new
2. had some zoom as opposed to a 50mm
3. if possible a canon lens for the canon digital rebel xti
4. at least a f/3.5
5. an autofocus (EF lens)

and I got 4/5 on a New Canon EF 28-90mm f/4-5.6 III lens for <120 bucks from a local photo store!

Granted it is not a f/2.8 or a USM (ultra sonic) but the thing is great for the pictures I usually take!

Going to play with this lens over the long weekend..

and now for some pictures.

The first one is my princess photographed with the old S30 (the thing had to be taped at places to hold the battery, CF card etc. and the picture had to be cropped to get rid of the light spots, but still...)


and the second one is a photo taken today with the two of them posing for me




Some lens is better than no lens!

Just like that Cereal ad. which says "Kid tested, mother approved" why doesn't Canon come up with a nice lens that is "dad tested, mother approved"?


.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:48 AM, Blogger Lak wrote...

hey, keep meaning to ask you ... if she's a princess what does that make you? King?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:09 AM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

In the upper photo your elder one is just looking like a doll... amazing picture..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:32 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

lak

it makes me the frog. Once in a while I wave my magic wand , sorry magic card and toys appear from nowhere.. and that is when I turn into prince charming...

mostly frog!

:)

Swatantra, thanks.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

you've got the order wrong - shouldn't it be "mother approved, dad tested"? ;-)

- s.b.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home