Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Deepavali Wishes and ....

Wishing you all

a Very Happy Deepavali

It happens to be on a work day here and that means it will be celebrated this weekend in the US of A.

The MIL has already made her usual sweets and savories... and those cannot wait till the weekend!

Now for the "and ... " part in the title.

A recent conversation between a husband and wife

H : I just sold my Tamron lens
W : Just look at all the money YOU lost making bad decisions !
H : It was not a bad lens. Just not the best for taking indoor closeups of kids in the dark!
W : Still, bad decision and you lost money on it!
H : A new lens costs 300 bucks. Need to buy it before the kids birthday so we can take pictures
W : Buy the cheapest lens.. something for under 50 bucks
H : !!!! A canon digital SLR lens for under 50 bucks ? Maybe I can buy a 50 mm fixed focus.. still will cost me more..
W : Can't you take pictures without the lens ?
H : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is management 101 folks, Dilbert style. I always loved Dilbert, but now I have been Dilberted in my own home. The H is still trying to answer that last question!


.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:14 AM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Sundarji,

So you have sold your Camera? Hmmmmmmmmm

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:53 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

No Balaji Sir.

only the lens.

want to buy a Canon lens which can get me more light.

the tamron was 18-200 .. great outdoor lens for all applications.. but I took forever to take photos of the pumpkins or golus (at 18). Indoor photos are better when I increase the ISO number but would rather have a lens which gathers more light!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

100 USD ku nalla 50 mm F1.8 lens kedaikum saar..

Lens a ilama photo edukanuma??
konjam kastam dhaaen :)

Happy Diwali to you and your family:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Photo without lens? I know some people take photos without the film :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Wishing you & the family a great cheer & festive spirit this Diwali season !

BTW, need some inputs on cameras & photography ! Will reach out to you !...

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:26 AM, Blogger noon wrote...

Gosh totally relate to this photo talk we have at home here. HUsband once forwarded a hilllarious "strategy" discussion on one of the photo forums as to how to get wife to agree to buy a super expensive lens! Wish I had the link now!
Except here - I tell him he can buy whatever lens he wants but I cannot give him time to play around with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home