Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy hump day!

Was in Austin this week on business. The place had calmed down a bit after SXSW (South by South West Festival) and some rough weather when I landed there.

Had a hectic week and in the middle of it, visited the downtown Bikram Yoga studio one evening. It was a session that helped put a smile on my face and regain some sanity, not to mention restore my sore back after the bumpy plane ride.

The nice instructor walked in and greeted the class by saying

"Happy hump day everybody!"

Was not sure if I heard it right when another lady said "What again?" and the instructor looks at me and says

"Sundar is visiting us from San Jose. So it is understandable he has that surprised look on his face. The rest of you regulars should know that today is Happy Hump day!"

Then she looks at me and says "Happy Hump day is also known here as Three Camel Day. So just remember, we do the Camel pose three times instead of two today in every class!"

Thought she was kidding!

When it came time to be done with the Camel pose, she made everyone go for a third set. The local folks just laughed it off and went on with it and somehow that made me go along with a smile on my face.

There are T-shirts at the Austin airport that say "Keep Austin Weird"..

Now I know why!

.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

you need to get more out and about with younger folk ;-)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hump%20day

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

s.b.

it was Wednesday!

guess that is why it was hump day!

interesting.. I am old and getting near extinct..

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home