Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Excitement in the backyard

We have had one busy week with the parents both being super busy at work to the point where we think it is going to be a 12 day week.

In the midst of all this god always finds a way to throw some excitement our way to amuse us and the kids even if we are cooped up in our living room.

A wild cat of some kind decided to visit our backyard today. San of course assumed it was a raccoon perched on the fence. We (the kids and me) were pretty sure raccoons are not that big and do not look that muscular!

So we mounted the 70-200 and the extender to make it a 140-400mm and decided to observe the cat.

It was very pretty (and dangerous I am sure). Could not hold the heavy lens with my hand steady as there was a 30 degree temperature difference between the living room and the backyard and was also worried about the thing having rabies or making a dash for me.

Here are some pictures and a video. The kids are now scared of going in the backyard alone. That will pass. The wild cat gracefully made an exit into the forest like area behind our house.













We were happy for the temporary amusement..


.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:35 AM, Blogger Ramakrishnan Au wrote...

Sundar, Looks like you have all the time in the world to capture the CATS(!) on your new double lens and in the cold. Good on you.

R U 2 working from home????
Good on you.

Chittappa.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:14 AM, Anonymous yaadayaada wrote...

Call http://www.sanjoseanimals.com/

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:13 AM, Blogger Me wrote...

..bobcats...It was scary the first time I saw one at close range...haven't heard bobcats attacking humans but with young kids around, you should call as YY advised...I have seen vehicles with cages marked "bobcats" several times...

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

all thanks.

have reported it.

Chittappa, this was on a sunday afternoon!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home