Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

From Lanka Gate to Visvesvarayya...

As far as trips down the nostalgic memory lanes go, this is the biggest for me!

After almost two decades, visiting the place where this boy became man, or at least half a man if my classmates would agree..




The video says it all, but here are some pictures as well of the brief ride into the past!































Oh, what a trip!


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

i feel u love visiting ,living in India more than here ,so how do you cope up with living away from your loved ones in the USA ..i know u love ur own family ..but you understand what I am talking about .
Also wont you ever feel sad in the future that you might as well have worked in India and taken care or atleast spent more time with ur parents ?
BTW I am from US but these questions haunt me sometimes

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

anon,

I am not the first immigrant with his heart split between two places and definitely wont be the last..

yes, it is tough. Love what I do for a living here. not planning to be a martyr trying to set up a fab in India or some such thing. Not sure if India will ever have semi R&D or fabrication facilities anytime soon. assembly and test, yes. R&D on a small scale yes. some type of pilot production facility, not sure. Not if there is no infrastructure for power, water etc.

after we saw what happened to Tata in West bengal, it has been an eye opener. also too many friends who are hoping that materials development will go large scale have come back to the US. Hence not making a move.

with older parents, uncles and aunts and the family in India needing a lot more physical than monetary support it is especially gut wrenching that we are here and cannot help.

but we made our bed here and will make the most of it.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home