Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sales

Little One came home from school to find me in bed today. After giving her usual sorry for getting me sick and some small chit chat she goes

"Daddy, can you become a car salesman?"

Me : !!!! Why?

LO : So I can have a room to myself, we can have a second floor in our house and have grand birthday parties in our house and a pony in our backyard and pretty much anything we want!

Me : 1. Why do you need all that? and 2. Who told you that car salesman have all that?

LO : Muffy's dad is a car salesman and Muffy has all that. No other kids in hehttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifr class have all that! Only Muffy. Her dad's http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifname is Ed Crosswire and he is a car salesman!

Me : Do I know him? Have I seen him in your school?

LO : No.. No.. he is not real. He comes in "Arthur"!

Me : !!!!!!!!!!! Starting tomorrow you two are not going to watch anymore Arthur. We are done with this living in Arthur world and watching the same episodes of Arthur on the ipad day after day.

LO: Fine. But can you be a car salesman?

Me : What ?! That is a TV program. Real life car salesman are not that rich and living in mansions and you don't need any of that stuff. You should be happy with what you got!

LO : I am happy. Just wanted to check that is all..


Sometimes it is very difficult to answer these kids and set them straight. Even a supposedly educational program like Arthur on PBS kids can have devastating effects.. Who knew?!


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home