Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A new look

The last 8 days have been very interesting. First a bug that this body has never encountered so far that knocked me out the early part of last week and taught me dehydration was much more of a risk than a respiratory infection. So be thankful for H2O and drink it every chance you get!

Then an attempt to recover from the bug and act normal again only to realize that this one takes a lot of rest, sleep, water... and all for a long time planned flying visit to St. Louis, Missouri to visit my sister and her family.

We made it to St. Louis and back and really enjoyed it. Must have upset many St. Louis natives when I walked out of the airport wearing a scarf, a monkey cap and a jacket.

We had one great day for outdoor sight seeing and we covered the zoo, the Arch and the local Hindu temple. Then we spent one rainy day indoors in "The Magic House" aka the St. Louis children museum where the kids had a blast and the adults didn't have to do much except watch them smile and laugh the entire day. It was great to finally spend a few days with my sister and her family at their habitat! Think of it as the Chimps visiting Jane Goodall at her house..

Made it back today, to take a photograph with Daddy's new look.




Early last week, the doctor said my eyes were dehydrated and an eye exam was required. Turns out that I was in need of glasses for some time. The eye exam person just looked at me like "so, when exactly were you planning on getting your eyes checked?" when I told him my last eye exam to check for prescription was more than 10 years ago.

The glasses were waiting for me this evening and when I walked into the kids room wearing the glasses, the little one goes

"daddy, you don't look like a daddy anymore. You look more like a thatha (grandpa)"

and Jr. tells her "That is not a nice compliment, you know! you shouldn't say that to daddy".

Well, my five year old still has her innocence and the 8 year old already knows how not to offend my sensibilities!

They both told me they love my new look after they got used to it for a few hours...

Told them that maybe it is time to update the profile photo for the blog and they posed for me, knowing that smiling for my camera is one thing that will always make me happy.




Well, the reason for me having to be made happy?!

They are baaaaaack! We were gone for four days and the fish had to be fed a little extra and we came home to a tank full of ...




Tomorrow evening will be spent in cleaning them up, again!

Now that the respiratory thingy is gone and I am able to drive without getting headaches, should be able to visit blogger more often.

Until then....


.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

you look good with those glasses, Sundar. That reminds me, I have never been to an optometrist/ophthamalogist.

Sreela.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:25 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Join the gang of specs wearers!
looking good:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:21 PM, Blogger Violet wrote...

Oh the glasses look good. But the profile pic is not updated I see..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home