Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rock stars

The whole weekend was a wash for me. Multiple packets of Theraflu on Friday, 19 hours of sleeping in a 26 hour period, a brief uptick and rush to form on Saturday night and early Sunday morning only to get down again this afternoon. . .

The body is simply lost in trying to find a safe zone. So it now up to some quality "thachi mummum" and more sleep before the week begins again.

In all of this sleeping, I missed a great birthday party the kids attended. They did makeovers for all the kids and dressed them up like "Rock Stars"..

Haven't seen them this happy to be dressed up. My daughter tried to give me a crash course on who Justin Bieber was and was upset with my IQ. She said "never mind. he sings songs and you are too old to listen to his songs anyways"

It is true that I know he is a singer because his name keeps popping up in the entertainment news and I am yet to hear him sing!

Too old?! When was I too old to hear a song?! Will listen today and see what all this hoopla is about.

Last week had put an old Scorpions CD in the Van (had been playing RIF's from Big City Nights on the guitar the previous week) and the kids were amused by me singing along. They could not understand the lyrics..

LO to Jr.: They are not singing in English jr. ! they are singing in Scorpion. That is why we are not able to understand..

Jr.: No. I think they are singing in some old English or something..

LO : Scorpion is a language by itself, right daddy?

Me : NO! they are singing in English. these are German guys singing in English with a German accent so it is slightly difficult to follow..also the guy who is singing had throat surgery.. but he sings well..

Jr.: this music is too noisy. switch it off! it is very confusing!

I was thinking "there goes my intro to rock music to the kids"..

Did take some photos of the kids after they came home today before catching some more beauty sleep.










A different generation, a different type of rock stars, with eclectic glitters instead of electric guitars!!!!


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Very cute!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

scorpion language? hmm! i think american kids need to be exposed to other languages, cultures and pronunciations, such as germlish, italish, spanglish, etc before it is too late for them to accept that amerlish is not the only brand of english!

it is too sad that for peace-loving folks (especially those with us citizenship) it is probably too late already to experience firsthand egyplish, turklish, tunlish, algerlish etc.

- s.b.

p.s.: our little one apparently told v.b. that she does not like justin bieber! ;-)

p.p.s.: i am no longer permitted to sing along (to the predominantly hindi film songs) in the car. when i do so, "I CANNOT HEAR THE SONG" is the scream i hear!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:43 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

A markedly different generation indeed !!

And good ones at that !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:35 PM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

They are looking cute!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:45 PM, Blogger big homie wrote...

ha ha. girls like shiney things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home