Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Indian Flag

In middle school we were taught that the three colors in the Indian flag stood for courage, peace and prosperity...

Recently watched "Chak De India" on DVD and maybe I misinterpreted a song or misread the subtitles but there I was thinking that somehow the green had to do with the green so favoured by Muslims and the mind wandered..the Saffron for the Kar Sevaks and the Sangh Parivar? and the white for the Christian brotherhood?

A sign of religious unity perhaps put together by the wise men of the late 1940's to sow a subconscious sense of secularism?

Have been sick and the meds could be playing tricks on my mind, but then again, it is no coincidence no?


.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

that's an interesting observation..

sreela.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Your note on the flag brings to memory this most moving rendition. Experience it and pass on. (It starts around the 15th second or so, pl. keep watching):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kk02qPlnS2E

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sree's Views wrote...

I learnt that in school. My Hindi Teacher enlightened us about the colour and religion.

She also narrated a joke:

Once a foreigner in India caught hold of a Sardarji and asked him "Each colour belongs to the major Religion in India. Where is yous?".

The Sardarji was naturally infuriated and retorted "Wo Jhanda tera baap ka hai. Wo hamara hai".


Such is the spirit. Vande Mataram.

Voracious Blog Reader

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:55 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

sreela.. a sense of belonging and a sense of unity? maybe..

anon, fantastic video.

Sree, nicely put.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home