Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Size matters! when you are working on a new flame..

No, this post is not a guide to promiscuity! This is a family blog..which deviates a little too much into photography every now and then..

These days when someone jokes with me about my equipment working the immediate association of the brain is not to the equipment in ones pants but rather the equipment slung on ones shoulders. Guess the camera has become the "primo equipmento" in my life.. and that means if size matters anywhere, it should be the Photography equipments. All nice rationale, no?




That was a picture of all cameras I have owned since 2002 shot with the one other camera (iPhone 3GS) which is used for photos/videos in the house. It is clear that the size trend is going up and the iPhone photos are not that great in dark indoors.

It has been an interesting 24 hours of reading manuals, trying out things within the house (it has been raining outside all afternoon and is extremely windy).

So here is my new flame put to work on a flame. They have settings for white balance where you can set it to custom temperatures (K value where K is Kelvin)




The kids who have been on a TV marathon for hours with kids serials refused to pose. So took shots while they were on the couch.




Jr. made ridiculous faces throughout so her pictures are not here...




The weekend is almost over.. Cannot wait for the next one!


.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

that jump from camera #1 to camera #2 is more than a quantum leap!

if i were you, i would take pictures of those ridiculous faces (as a matter of fact, i do - with my younger one). will come in handy later ;-).

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:33 AM, Blogger Dad wrote...

Hi

How do you find the lack of the built-in flash to the camera? Is that hindrance or do you always have to take the bigger speedlite flash?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Dad,

not an issue. find that when I do need a flash for a shot, bigger the flash and customizable the better. have a 580 ex ii which can rotate with one button.

for low light the mark ii goes iso 25k with the special mode.. but 6400 is still good without any grains. so either high iso or speedlite 580 ex ii.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home