Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Lights, Camera.. Macro!

A new addition to the camera bag this weekend!!!

The Cannon 50 mm Macro lens. A Metal body lens with .5x Magnification and a very crisp focus and goes down to f 2.5! Was a little out of my price range (~300 bucks) for a long time but recent events with health and mental state have made me realize that sometimes this life is too short for holding off on some little "aasais"..

Have taken only 10 or so shots with it this evening and I am still learning to do a good job on the manual focus and the results are very very nice. All these three photos were only cropped and bordered from the originals.




It also seems to be very nice as a generic prime lens..







Now thinking that I should go for an eye check up tomorrow. Maybe it is time to wear reading glasses?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:31 PM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Awesome images ! more firepower to you !! I mean..lens power !!

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:36 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

thanks Kavi.

tomorrow afternoon.. the lens will be focussed on the ladybugs on our Jacaranda tree, the spider webs on our sage bushes and the little one's eyes!

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:22 AM, Anonymous A-kay wrote...

Nice pictures. Btw, don't mean to snooop but where you hiking Mission peak yesterday? I thought it was you, but was not sure and hence didn't stop to say hi :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

A-kay

not me. was at Memorial park in Cupertino.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home