Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meeting buddies...

One thing that we managed to do on this trip was to meet and chat with two blog buddies.

Took the kids to visit PK in Chennai and visited Kavi in Mumbai on a busy office day.

It was great catching up with them. It is one thing to share ideas over the net and another to meet face to face over a cup of coffee and chat.

These guys could easily pass for brothers of mine. There is a level of tacit understanding of why we says things the way we do that always beats me.

These guys are my eyes and ears in India as much as those gtalk conversations with my brother and parents. That said, it was interesting to see their take on the two cities we have come to love, albeit with reservations on my part.

These guys set me straight when it comes to accepting Chennai or Mumbai for the good of it and ignoring what bothers me. At least they showed me glimpses of how they do the ignoring bit.

Next time it is their turn to visit us here...


.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:35 PM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

It was FANTASTIC catching up ! Thanks a ton ! And ofcourse, would have loved it to carry on for endless hours !

Look forward to more on the other side of the world !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:21 PM, Anonymous prabukarthik wrote...

Sundar,

It's always a great pleasure to just listen to you in person :)

Pity we could not do a repeat meet before you left. You know i tried :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Prabukarthik wrote...

regarding ignoring certain things, there is a phenomenon called banner blindness!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

the biggest change in me that has happened over the last 18+ years in the US is that I am less tolerant and patient..

the actions on which I expect quick results and the actions on which I am ready to wait for the result are different compared to 18 years ago..

eg. I expect quick results in infrastructure change.

In India it is "veetai katti paaru, kalyanatha panni paaru" ...

ready to wait here for social change. somehow there was a sense of urgency and hope for rapid social change in India. Here till Obama became president.. there was always a tacit understanding of a double standard in the US.

and so it goes..

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home