Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, April 19, 2010

Conservatory of Flowers - Photoblog

The pictures say it all, the carefully designed park with its nice ponds, rock settings, people, dogs, the conservatory with its amazing displays, the amazing exotic flowers which are being saved from extinction, not to mention Jr.'s new fashion statement of wearing sleeveless Salwar tops with black pants..























































A day well spent. Strongly recommended for a half day or full day trip with kids.

Note:

1. Botanical gardens is free. The conservatory of flowers is 7$ for adults, 2$ for kids 5 to 11. Good news is they accept cards. It is totally worth it. Please note, it is like a sauna in there with a water mist automatically coming in every 3-4 minutes from the roof. Keep your lenses covered. Don't wear jackets inside.

2. Parking is very hard to find. For around 10$ you can park in the underground parking below the California Academy of Sciences and walk 10-15 minutes to the Conservatory.

3. There are three restrooms which are free. One next to the conservatory, one behind the amphitheater structure (between the Academy of sciences and the botanical gardens) and one near the entrance to the Botanical Gardens.

Note to self : Next trip..take a frisbee and show the kids how to play frisbee. The breeze was just right for frisbee throwing... well, next time!



.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:10 PM, Blogger Kavitha wrote...

Beautiful!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:31 PM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Wonderful pics !

On anotheer note, parking probs seem to be part of mankind now !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:06 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

PC Sriram, Santosh Sivan, I don't what to call you !! Amazing pictures.

COF is in my TO Do list. I hope I can make it this year.

You inspire me a lot Sundar...Thank you !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home