Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A small but wonderful heart

Was putting Jr. and the little one to bed last night.

It was a long day for me and they both knew I was dead tired. Also mom and grandma were out watching a movie.

So Jr. decides to break out of our usual Ragam quiz routine and sings "Giridhara gopala" for me. My eyes almost closed and I dozed off and they nudged me back.

Me : someday when I am old and lying in a hospital bed, will you two sing giridhara gopala for me just like you did now?

LO : why are you going to go back to the hospital?

Me : No. I am not talking about now. this is a lot of years from now when I am older and you are also older and you probably have kids of your own. Then?

Jr.: what if we forget this song?

Me: we have your youtube video right? just bring it to my ears and play it for me if you forget the song

LO: We won't forget the song. maybe we can have our kids sing to you just like we sing to Grandma right now on videochat?

Me : (this girl correlates things just like I do.. this is truly amazing to see how she connects things).. Yes. you can do that.

Jr. : But what if we have boys instead of girls?

Me : You have a boy in your music class don't you? you can teach boys to sing. Daddy is a boy and he is teaching you, no?

Jr. : But what if they are not interested?

Me : you can get them interested. keep singing to them and encourage them. tell them they are doing good. really good.

LO : Daddy, I love you. I really don't want you to go to a hospital when you are older.

Me : okay, enough of this topic. just remember we talked about you singing for me okay. let's all go to bed and sleep for now.



The little one's face when she said it made me so guilty for even bringing this up. Sometimes we say things without thinking through the consequences, especially when we are tired.

With little kids, you are never sure how far they understand what concepts at what age.

For now, the conversation is forgotten or is being made light of and the girls are back to being their giggly selves.


.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:34 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

She is a smart one Sundar ! Now, you better be careful about what subject you bring up !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Jairam wrote...

This reminded me of the scene in Guru (the Mani Ratnam movie) where both his twin girls sing the 'Jaage hain der tak magar' song. Very touching scene.

But yes, like the little one, I also wish you a long life filled with happiness, health and joy, no hospitals in there.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:28 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

I guess she's taking you too seriously for her own good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home