Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, December 03, 2009

The old Yellow AGFA tape

The tape recorder my mama (uncle) purchased in the late seventies was a novelty item in those days. It was amazing to watch how it recorded sounds and would play it back.

The tape recorder did not have a built in radio in those days. If we wanted to record programs broadcast on All India Radio, we would have to keep our Philips transistor radio (which was the size of a small TV.. not todays flat screen mini 7inch LCD's.. but CRT TV's from the nineties.. boy I talk of the nineties in the distant past.. that means I am old.. very old.. cut cut cut.. change topic!)

The one tape that always would bring me back a lot of memories was a meera bhajan (?!) on Radha. No one is sure who the singer was except grandma who tells me it was someone from Hyderabad named Sita and she was a Station director or something at AIR Hyderabad.

On my last trip, was told that the tape is "no more".

If anyone can give me a audio link to this song or even tell me correct lyrics, would really appreciate it..

It is a Hindi song and my transliteration is based on my poor grasp of the hoarse recording. But even with all that noise, the original song is just so touching that it would make me want to cry every time I listened to it. The voice was so imploring, beseeching that it would touch a yearning inside you for things that you don't know you are missing.. (okay, I really don't know what was going through my head while writing that last sentence, but for some vague reason, those are pretty much the words that come up).

Raadha pyaari thee
darohi banthi--e hamaari

gadi ek pal me
gadi ek mukh me
gadi ek avala dhari -ee saari
meera ke prabho giridhar dhar?
Charana kamal pal haari

Please do let me know.



.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

is it the 'radha pyari' song on this list?

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

s.b. no it is not.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home