Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Monday, October 19, 2009

California Tamil Academy

Jr. is learning Tamil (Tamizh) at the CTA for the last two months. She has a lot of fun. Teaching her at home (and the little one on the side) is a ton of fun for me.

This Sunday they had a Deepavali celebration in the school quadrangle after class was over and they had all the parents and kids gather for some mehendi, villu paatu, song and dance.

The Mrs. joined in for an impromptu kummi adi performance with her kummi buddies at the end of the events.

Here are some photos..














We now have the Deepavali hangover.....

In other news, the hand has passed the Doc's criteria for making it to Physiotherapy! The bone bends around the screws and the break and has formed callouses. It was amazing to watch the x-rays. The human body is an amazing thing!

Next goal, be able to eat a pizza with my right hand!


.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:30 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

The human body is indeed amazing ! Fed as it is, with Pizza !

Many congratulations !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:39 PM, Anonymous WA wrote...

I am so jealous about Jr learning tamil. Can I send the lad to your place for a little while please.

Get better soon, maybe you can join the kummi next time :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:17 PM, Blogger Aarti wrote...

Nice.. my aunt who lives there has made sure her kids can spk walk talk tamizh... :D

Gathering from the last few lines, u've hurt ur hand.. take care...
have blogrolled u

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

There is so much visual attack these days wherever we go, that photography and its effect are dimming.

But... the photo of the ladies doing Kummi dance(?) really is sweet. Brought a smile. Thx.

-kajan

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:38 AM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

Great!! Nice pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home