Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bokeh - the learning continues..

The hand did take a turn for the worse and limited activity for most of the day. After a lot of rest, got up this evening and tried taking photos. Options were restricted to indoor and that meant, the Christmas lights came out!

Like they say in Tamil "Yaam Petra Inbam" ... (the happiness I received, should be passed on, no?)

The camera modification

dps_how_the_shot_was_taken_camera_bokeh


The setup on the dining table

dps_how_the_shot_was_taken_bokeh


A few shots which are better efforts than the previous one's posted earlier

dps_hw_bokeh_angel


dps_hw_bokeh_cherubs


dps_hw_bokeh_jr


Jr. is an amazing model. After getting hit by the flash a few times, she suggested that the picture be of the side of her face. It was a great idea.

Also, a tip. If you happen to try this at home, remember that 1000+ Christmas lights generate a lot of heat, when you pile them up in a heap. You are guaranteed to get your hands burnt if you unplug the lights and try to grab them off the table. It is NOT recommended under any circumstances, especially when you are recovering an already broken hand.

My kids asked me "how can you be so smart and stupid at the same time?"

How? How?

or should I be asking myself "Why?"


.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:43 AM, Blogger Sapadu to random musings.😁 wrote...

Hi,

Even I joined this school recently. After seeing ur blog. Thanks :).. Ur bokeh assignments pics are damn good...

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Balaji wrote...

After those experiments last weekend, I was wondering why this post was taking so long. looks like u were just honing ur skills. great snaps and the one with the three angels looks angelic :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Lahari,

did recognize your name on the photo you posted.. it is great isn't it?

:)

Balaji, thanks. Finally found that no accessories were required! also, no photoshop required either. The photo is the raw image with a frame and Copyright logo!

either need a low aperture fixed focal length lens (f1.8 or f1.4 50mm lens) or you have limitations on what you can do, but you can play with relative distance between camera and object and camera and lights and the zoom level and get same effect.

it is purely geometrical optics after all....

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:54 AM, Blogger Sapadu to random musings.😁 wrote...

Oh yeah :).. If u happen to get time do visit my photoblog and do share ur valuable comments..http://lavanyahariharan.weebly.com/photoblog.html

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Somebody Concerned wrote...

hai ...
Sorry for the irrelevant comment to ur post.Most of my acquaintances and cousins who have a blog feel aprehensive about posting the pictures of their kids online... How come u differ.... Dont u think u should be a bit more careful? Idhu kali kaalam ... I'm 200% sure that u would have thought about all this and people would have advised you against it.... How do you justify your act?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home